Thursday, 4 March 2010

Birthday Yummies



Hiya folks.

Well today isn't so nice after our few days of loveliness. Started off well, but gone all cloudy and dark now. I was lucky to get my photo done today before the clouds set in.

My card for today is for a few challenges. I will start with the sketch that I followed, which is from Truly Scrumptious, along with the theme (optional) to have 'something good enough to eat' on your creation. Here is the sketch then:



And here is my yumminess:


The image is from Tinker & Co.'s, 'Birthday Party' kit, and the papers are from their 'Ice Cream Sundae' kit. Really scrummy. . .

I made some scalloped strips with my Martha Stewart Doily border punch, and added some lovely lace to the tops, which just happened to colour co-ordinate (cool!) and is also scalloped (cool also!). This fits in with the challenge at Digital Tuesday this week, as they want to see 'scallops' along with a digi.


From the same lace as above, I made some little flower shapes and topped them with some half-pearls. I used the same pearls on my little punched flowers too. These fit in with the challenge at DU2DS, as they want 'Pearls' on their entries this week.

This card also fits a couple of other challenges too. At A Spoon Full of Sugar they want to see 'Beads'. You might just pick up the beads on the closeup image at the end of my handmade pin. The pin fits with the challenge at Creative Inspirations who would like to see 'Lace, Pins and Pearls' this week. I didn't have any nice pearly headed pins, so I made my own with some copper wire and spare beads.

Hope that is acceptable. Right, really must get some bloomin' HW done. Meant to do it yesterday but got sidetracked (shame - LOL)

16 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

What a beautiful card Teri. I absolutley love the lace flowers and boarder punch and the colours are so yummy! hugs Val xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is another wonderful card. I love the colours and your backing paper is gorgeous. I love the ribbon and flowers. Beautifully done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Amy Johnson said...

What a lovely, lovely birthday card! I love the soft colors, the image, the papers, how you used the martha stewart punch, but most of all thos stunning flowers you made! How creative you are! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Lesley said...

Hi huni...this is gorgeous..and those flowers are scrummy...luv n hugs Lesley xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Teri! Great colour scheme x

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Teri and I particularly love the lace flowers. Thanks for joining us at TS.

joey said...

Hello my lovely :O)

this is gorgeous as always :O) Thankyou so very much for the beautiful baby card you sent hun, It is gorgeous.

Love Joey.xxx

Michele said...

Oh such a beautiful card Teri. Love the papers you've used and the flowers are gorgoeus. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Teri! This is BEAUTIFUL, My Friend! WOW! Gosh those flowers are incredible!
Hugs,
Lisa

Maria Matter said...

Love this Teri!!!
It's beautiful with the lovely scallop & lace accents!
great job sweetie!
Thank you for joining in with us at Digi Tuesday!
blessings, Maria

POPPET said...

This is fab, love the image and your use of lace, pins and pearls, great take on challenge 50 at Creative Inspirations, hugs Pops x

scrappyjan said...

Hi Terri, this is very beautiful!!
Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous card - love the cake. Thanks for joining us this time around at DU2DS
Karen x

Tanja said...

This is so beautiful! Love the colours!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!

Hug Tanja

Mina said...

wow stunning card Teri, I love the lace and doily punch border its gorgeous together...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx