Wednesday, 31 March 2010

A Big Thank You!


Hi again folks!

Post number three, scroll down for The Creative Cottage and MyGrafico

Phew - Wednesday's are so busy for me here in blogland with three DT posts to do in one day! But I am happy to do it, after all, if it wasn't for doing this, I would be sat in front of the telly turning into a vegetable!

Which brings me neatly onto this card that I have made for our first 'Sistah's Social' over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. As it is a five week month, we are having a bit of a different theme, in the form of a 'gethering' if you will. . . a social type of event, where we invite you guys to share with us on whatever the theme is. This time round our Terri has chosen 'Gratitude' and has made a journal to keep her 'things to be grateful for' in.

Now, I'm not a journaller, or a scrapbooker, so I have made you all a 'Thank You' card as I am very grateful that I found all you lovely people here in blogland. So this is dedicated to each and every one of you out there who inspire me, and who in turn I may have inspired.

THANK YOU ALL!!
Everything on this card was made using a gorgeous kit from Tracy at The Creative Cottage, named 'Bags of Style'. There is such a huge assortment of goodies in this kit - bags, flowers, shoes, papers etc. You can find it HERE. I'd like to offer a Thank You here too, for her invitation to join The Creative Cottage DT a couple of weeks ago.


I have used black cardstock as a base, and stuck the paper to it after inking the edges. The kit comes with ribbon borders too, so I used those behind the flower. The flower is printed several times and cut out, then the petals curled for extra dimension. I also punched some leaf shapes out of another paper to match one of the ribbons.


So folks, if you have anything to be grateful for, why not pop across to our Sisterhood and share it with us - we'd love to hear from you, even if you don't make a project!!

I would like to enter this card into the new theme at Creative Inspirations , as I think it fits their 'No Images Allowed' theme. (I hope anyway!) Came across it just as I was about to post this card, so I may very well end up being the first entry - ah well, someone needs to go first!

15 comments:

mulberry station said...

Very strking and beautiful card Teri!

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun, you are indeed our first entry! lol thank you for taking part this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Clare said...

Some very beautiful cards today Teri, you are one busy lady! i love your work it is very inspiring. Hugs Clare xxx

The Creative Cottage said...

Its always such a treat coming to your blog Teri all your creations are so stunning, you are a very talented lady, so pleased you joined us at the creative cottage, we really are thrilled you did. This card is so elegant love the way you have used the kit! Tracy x

Annmaree said...

I LOVE those colors, that card is perfection!

LINDA said...

This is simply stunning!! I love the simplicity of it.. Just Gorgeous!!
Hugs, Linda

TannyP said...

Beautiful card, Teri! What a wonderful example of your talent!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely beautiful and perfect for this challenge theme!! I, too, am thankful for the wonderful friends ...like you .. that I have met in blogland! AWESOME job my friend!!!

Aunty Sue said...

what a lovely stylish card thanks for joining us at creative inspirations

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Teri! Its a very elegant card!

Kim said...

Teri,
This card is scrumptious! I love the beautiful flower and ribbons. This is the very best way to express gratitude! I'm so very thankful for you and all of my sisters!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, this is just so pretty. I love pink and black and I love polka dots so this is a double winner for me! Your clean and simple style really makes the pretty flower pop. Fab job on the "sentiment only" challenge. So happy you could join in the fun this week at Creative Inspirations!

Micki said...

Absolutely striking. just stunning!!!! again, I need help with the flowers, lol.....yours looks awesome!

Viipula said...

Beautiful and stylish card!
Hugs x Viipula from Finland

angel4031 said...

WOW Fabalous Card!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations xxx