Thursday, 11 March 2010

Argentine Tango Dancers

Hiya folks!

Almost didn't get here to post this card today, but at last I have it finished and here I am! Yeay!!

I made this following the sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp. I didn't use the squares in the sketch, as I wanted flowers to go with the theme.


I have used one of my new images for this card - Argentine Tango Dancers which is available for purchase in my blog shop:



The backing is a printed paper that I got from Funky Fairies ages ago. Sorry, but they aren't around any more so I can't give you a link for them! I printed it a lovely deep red, with edges blackened by ink daubed round it. The central strip is a damask border printed over a purple version of the same paper.


I made the flowers with scraps from my 'bits box' by using punches, ink and metallic rub ons. They only just fit on the card!! Oops, could do with some smaller punches me thinks!!. I also put some rub on over the silhouette too, just for a bit of bling. These flowers fit the theme at Crafty Creations this week, which is to 'make your own flowers'.

Now to go and get something for the family to eat - teatime approaches, and I have an allotment AGM to prep for tonight - Ugh!!!

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is a wowser. I love those flowers - very classy. The dancing couple is fantastic and the papers are fabulous.
I am loving this.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PatR said...

This is great Teri, love the dimension. Wonderful.
Pat xx

Kim said...

Oh Mrs. Doodles, tis divine! Love that tango couple. If only Ben could dance like that! Your printed papers are great and as always, your flowers are gorgeous! Love it, sistah!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Barb said...

Wow, this is great! Those flowers rock! Great take on Arianne's sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Barb, DT

The Creative Cottage said...

this is beautiful i love the colour combo and those flowers are gorgeous, great image to
Tracy x

Mimiko said...

This is really fab :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow Teri, what a great card, i just love the image and the fabulous flower detail. Stunning work hunny! hope you are well, hugs Linda x

Hope Jacare said...

Teri fab card and wonderful flowers - thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

Arianne said...

Great card! Great image!
I also substituded the squares for flowers, liked it more that way.
Thanks for playing along with my sketch at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Sue said...

Hi Hun
wow this is stunning, luv the image, beautiful flowers, sue,x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

"Shall we dance?" This is AWESOME!!! LOVE the "striking" colors ... WOW, this really rocks!! Dang girl, you have more talent in your pinkie than I have in my entire body! What an inspiration you are!!!!

Magda said...

Teri, your card is beautiful. Wonderful colours and flowers.
I have to learn Argentine Tango ;)
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Magda x