Saturday, 6 March 2010

Another MUM card. . .

Hiya folks!

BOY am I late posting this card today - what a day!! I spent the morning drawing an image for a 'Special Occasion', which you won't be finding out about for a while yet. THEN I had to finish up two cards (including this one) and get photos done and loaded onto the compy BEFORE setting out with the family into town for a Science festival. Didn't get back 'till 4.30pm, then the hubby pinched the compy and started to watch Iron Maiden on I-player. So I have finally got to the machine and can post at last!!

So, this card then is for a couple or three challenges. First is the sketch, which comes from the Crafters Companion challenge blog. They also have a colour theme there, which is to use Gold, Cream and one other colour. I chose to incorporate Brown with these, as this makes for a Vintage feel.


I ran with a vintage style Mother's Day theme which kid of fits a couple of challenges. At C.R.A.F.T. the theme is for 'Mother's Day or Flowers', and at Totally Papercrafts their theme is for 'Mother's Day or Special Lady'. Well, who could be more special than good old Mum??


I chose to use my Rose image, available for purchase from my blog shop,


I printed it out in a gold colour a few times, cut it out and layered it a few times on foam pads. This I have placed onto gold mirri. The same with the sentiment. Just a computer generated word, layered onto gold mirri, then raised on foam pads.

The cardstock is a lovely pearlescent cream colour, that I smudged brown ink over at the edges. Then I used some old lace with inked edges, and some cream and gold ribbons running across. The huge brown bow was from a choccy box at christmas - knew it would come in handy some time!! I finished off with some gold stickles for a touch of bling.

Right, off for another glass of vino then (hick!). . .

13 comments:

Rose said...

Gorgeous card Teri, I love the rose, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx

Lesley said...

gorgeous card huni....i am loving the rose image....i hope that u enjoy ur wine...lol...luv n hugs Lesley xx

joey said...

Hi Hun

BEAUTIFUL card, I love the colours you have used together Thanks for joining us at tp

Joey.x

Sally H said...

Wow! So beautiful, Teri. love it!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I'm having blogger problems today - it's just flagged up this card that you published hours ago. Anyway, It's absolutley fabulous. I love your colours and embellies and the rose is fabulous. The lace and the bow are gorgeous.
Magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card hun very classy, beautiful image luv the papers & ribbon, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Suzi said...

Hi Teri, this is adorable, love the colour combo and that beautiful rose and flower. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Mel X said...

Beautiful colours. Love the ribbon and the lace.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts, I hope we see you again real soon.

Mel X

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Teri!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I am SO far behind on commenting on your work ... for that I apologize!! But each and every post is amazing ... you know how much I love your images! Keep up the good work! I may not take the time to comment on each ... but I see them all and they all inspire me!! WOW you are one talented lady!!!

Daniele said...

lovely serene card thanks fro joining us at IACCC hugs from Daniele

Ildiko said...

Teri this is gorgeous. I love that huge ribbon on the card. Hopefully Rachel will put challenge 6 up soon. Thanks playing along with IACCCB.
Looked your new challenge blog once I got bit more time on my heand I deffenetly will try it.
Hugs
Ildiko x