Friday, 12 March 2010

50th Birthday Card

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well on this last day of the week? Not that it makes a difference to me, as I'm working all the time on new doodles and cards at home! Ah, the pleasures of self-employment!

I am sharing a card that I made for my hubby's workmate. It is his Aunts 5oth Birthday coming up soon and he asked if I could make something, so muggins said 'yes'. And this is what I made:

I haven't followed any sketches for this one, just worked with what came into my head. Hard to do a card for someone you don't know.


I have however made it with a few challenges in mind! At Sophisticats this week they are wanting 'Flourishes and Bling'. I used a flourish backing paper from Tinker & Co for this, and the bling is the little green gems and gold touches.

There is a colour theme at Colour Create this week, of 'Chocolate, Cream and Mint'. Not too much in the way of mint on here, just the green gems and some green ink on the cream flower petals.


At Cute Card Thursday the theme is 'Celebrations', and the new theme at Polka Doodles is 'Special Birthdays/celebrations', so this fits into both of those too - how cool is that??

Everything here is from my stash, which I am still trying to get shrunk! I am trying to sell of loads of stuff in my ebay shop right now, as I have decided to close it at the end of March, so if you're interested, take a nose over there. I am adding stuff most days trying to get shot of it before I shut up shop! That reminds me, more photos to take while the sun is out. . .

17 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a really classy card, beautifully crafted. the paper is fabulous and the embellishments are fantastic. This is one wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

This is just stunning Teri and I know exactly what you mean about it being difficult to make cards for someone you don't know. I think the recipient will be over the moon with this one though. The colours are lovely and it's beautiful designed.

Love Lynda xxx

Tasha said...

Hi Teri
Stunning card and those flowers are amazing :-)
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-Cats this week, hope to see you next week
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card, and I love the colour combo. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Luv Dee xxx

Sally H said...

Really, really beautiful!

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card Teri - as usual!
The colours are fab and the execution is classic and classy!
Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

mulberry station said...

Teri, your card is very rich and elegant. I love the detail. Gorgeous card!!

Renkata said...

Very chic card!!!

fi's cards and crafts said...

Teri...this is lovely..very classy looking!!

Sue said...

Hi Teri
gorgeous card hun lovely paper, beautiful detail, very classy hun, sue,x

Avril Ann said...

Teri this is another beautiful card, I love it, Hun, I hope YOU are not closing down, LOL....thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Teri my friend this is just GORGEOUS!! So rich and elegant! Great job (as always)!!

Nettie said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colours you have used.x

Enfys said...

Another stunner Teri. That flower looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week xx

Kerry said...

Gorgeous Teri. Fab flower and the colours are great. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Fliss said...

A beautiful card Teri and so elegant. Really love the colours you've chosen.
Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week and hope to see you again soon.
x

Fabiola said...

très jolie carte pleine d'élégance, bravo pour cette belle victoire