Thursday, 4 February 2010

Water Lily

Hiya folks!

How are you all keeping? Well, I hope? Got myself a little lurgy over here, sniffles, dry throat, runny nose - Thanks kids for sharing!! Funny how they can share these things, and not their sweeties. . .

On to my card for today then. I have been wanting to showcase my Water Lily image for a while now, but haven't got round to it until today - me bad! You can purchase this at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles.


I coloured my image with the usual watercolour pencils, blending with a brush and water - no fancy stuff here!! I raised up sections with foam pads for some depth. This was layered onto gold mirri, then coloured plain card in red and dark green. I wanted a bit of richness in the colouring to set off the pale card base, which is a pale tint of green with a graduated tint to white in the middle. (photoshop here)

The lacey border at the bottom is the same oriental lotus flower pattern, which I printed off a Debbie Moore cd. I changed the colours with photoshop again to suit my scheme. I used my Martha Stewart Doily punch for the edges. The sentiment is computer generated and layered onto more gold mirri. Final touches are the ribbon bow from my stash, and the pearly white and gold peel-off corners at the top. Not oriental really, but they looked the part! Then I smeared on some metallic rub-on round the card edges. Here is a close-up:


I am entering this into Friday Sketchers, as I followed their sketch for this card - hope I am in time for it. . .


I would also like to enter it into Raise The Bar, as they want us to use an old DP. Most of my papers are in the form of digi's, so I hope it counts. The Debbie Moore CD is a bit old now, and I haven't really used it much until now.

OK, time to head off and finish up some more DT stuff and have me some num-nums (dinner) LOL. See ya soon!!

11 comments:

CraftyC said...

Wow Teri, this looks gorgeous, A lovely image and great card!
Clairex

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty, Teri!! Great job with the sketch!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is awesome. What a beautifully constructed image. A fantastic card. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness!! Terri, this is just sooo fabulous girl!! I love it!! Love the flower and how you've popped it out!! So amazing!! WOW!ZER!!

Annmaree said...

Oh wow this is divine, way to go sweety!!!

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Terri, This is incredible!! The coloring is very fancy, as thematter of fact the whole ard is very fancy and just so gorgeous! LOVE IT!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Kim said...

Gorgeous! I love water lilies and yours is divine! Love your corners and such stunning watercolors!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Melly said...

Oh huni this is just fab and makes such an impact when you see it!! Gorjuss xxxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... dang you are SO GOOD at this dimensional stuff! This is absolutely gorgeous! I was trying to figure out what to do with this image ... well, this is what to do with this image!! LOL!! You are the queen!!! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar! We have a new challenge starting tomorrow ... hope you can join us!!

~*Joni said...

Teri this is breathtaking! What a beautiful water lily, I love that you've paired it with digi papers too. Amazing colors, it has such a beautiful Asian and tranquil feel to it. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Lisa B said...

Congrats Teri!!! You deserve it!!! The card is just gorgeous!