Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Sweet Sketch #35

Morning folks!

How are you all doing on this lovely bright and crisp morning here in North East Scotland?? We had another few flurries of snow overnight, so I woke up to a fresh covering, only a centimetre or so, but nice to see it all white and unspoilt by footprints. And it was lovely to see the sun glimmering off it as I took the wee one to school. Lovely and cheerful, even if it is cold!

So, it is Wednesday, and time for another yummy sweet sketch from the lovely Arlana at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:


And we have an equally yummy sponsor too, in the shape of Tracey from The Stamping Boutique. The winner of this week's sketch will win 3 digi's of their choice - cool huh??

As a DT member I got to choose an image to play with this week, and I chose 'Audrey In A Heart', which has a lovely 'country' feel to it. I also chose to keep to two colours. Here is what I came up with:


I used my watercolour pencils for the image, and layered with foam pads for depth. The papers are from various places, MyGrafico for the base card, and Funky Hand for the hearts and dots. The little ribbon across the image frame, and the lace under it are from the stash, and the flowers are new, part of my winnings from Simon Says Stamp a few weeks back.

Right then, off you go to Sweet Sketch Wednesday to have a nosey round my DT sisters' blogs for some more inspiration should you need any. We love to see what you come up with every week!

17 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Absolutely gorgeous card. I love the colours and papers. The flowers are fantastic and the image is so cute and beautifully coloured.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rose said...

Beautiful card Teri! I love the soft, spring colors you used! Very sweet! Have a wonderful day!

mulberry station said...

Teri, what a darling card. I love the little image sitting on the edge of the heart. I love how she is popped too! Your non- traditional colors are fun too! Your flower is gorgeous!

Sally H said...

Lovely card! I love the colour combi

Annmaree said...

OH I ADORE this, purple is my favourite colour and I love the matching colours too, just divine!!!

LINDA said...

Just adorable.. Love the colors.. and the image is darling..Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Lisa T said...

Very cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Teri, this is just the sweetest!! I love your colors and that image is sweet!! ;) HUGS

Kelly Landers said...

What beautiful colors. I love the little girl is sitting on the heart!

Jeannie said...

Very cute and the color combo is perfect!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Terry Oulboub said...

What a lovely card, Teri. I love the purples - very springy. :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Teri, Your Audrey is adorable! I love how she is sitting on the hear! I also love how you layered and popped the heart and Audrey.

KymKreates said...

I love how you made the image pop off the card and the flower is just fab!
Kym

Arlana said...

Teri, I love the sweet image that you used. The fun colors you used to color her in. The added flower is just so fun. Thanks for all you do.

Donna said...

Gorgeously pretty card Teri, great choice of papers and colours and the shading behind Audrey is perfect :) Donna x

Kim said...

Such a very sweet card! Love what you did with this sketch! Such a cool way to show your image! They are sponsoring us next month at Practical Scrappers.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PaperCrafty said...

Darling card, Teri!! I love how she is sitting on the large heart!! Great colors!!