Saturday, 20 February 2010

Sultry Vamp

Hiya folks!

BOY, am I late posting today - not usual to post in the afternoon for me, but I have been 'bustin' a gut' to finish drawing the image for this card in time, and have done it!

So, my card for today is a bit of a 'Goth' creation - I'm a secret Goth at heart, though you wouldn't guess to look at me! I used to wear it all though, in my younger days. The fishnet stockings with spider patterns, Spider Earrings, Snake Necklaces, purple and black lipstick!! Just a shame I never dyed my hair black too! (sigh)


This image is only partly shown here on this card. I chopped the top of the wings and the dress at the bottom so I could get her larger on the card. I will be uploading this Sultry Vamp onto my blog shop Delicious Doodles next week, after I have finished some other images I am working on.


I have coloured her in with my watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. I curled the wings at the points to make it a bit more 3d. The backing paper on the cardstock is from Tinker & Co.


This card will fit two challenges. The first at Haunted Design House, where the theme is 'Vamps'. I'm also entering it at Crafters Companion, where they have a colour theme of Purple and Black from an inspirational photo. They have a DT Call on at the moment too! I am using this card to enter that.

I'd looooove to be on their DT, such gorgeous products - shame I'm too skint to buy any stamps at the moment! I did get a couple of backing paper cd's ages ago, but I'd really love to get some of the Popcorn, and Cute Companion cd's sometime. Would love to create some scrummies with those!! Ah - will have to try saving up some pennies from my digi-image sales. . .

I know there isn't any bling, or ribbony bits, but I didn't want any froo-froo getting in the way of the image. Nice and simple - that's me!! LOL

21 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh Teri this is very theatrical - stunning image and beautifully coloured. It's very haunting!

Love Lynda xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow. Not your normal style but very effective non the less. It is very well done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Wow, tres chique!!!! Love this you are so clever hun.

Hugs Ali x

Teri said...

This is such a striking image Teri! I love it!

Teri xxxx

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

I love her!!!!

Hugs, Nans

Pascale said...

Hi Teri I love your vamp and I am going to enter the Crafters companion challenge and DT call now you have pointed me in the right direction. I love there stuff and have lots of stash. If you want a few images I will send you some in the post x Hugs Pascale

Rachel said...

Lovely Teri, glad you enetered.
Hugs
Rachel IACCCB

Daniele said...

wow very dramatic and so in at the momment with all those vampire films and books, thanks for joining us at IACCC and good luck with the DT call hugs from Daniele

JAN said...

pure brilliance and i know many people who would really love this card

Kim said...

OMG, Love it! I'm not really into anything snakes, (huge fear), but I love your little "vamp". YOur coloring is divine on this. Just incredible, sweetie....and I can't imagine you goth....ever, but hey we did grow up in the 80's. I can't believe it, but my favorite boots were silver....so ugly by today's fashions teee heeee
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Stunning, Teri! I know my daughter will love this one as a huge twilight fan!

Alex said...

this is WONDERFUL! As one goth at heart to another, you ROCK! Hope I remember to come back and buy this image because I love it!!!!

Barb said...

This is freakin' awesome, Teri!!! And no need for the froo-froo on this beauty, you are right! LOVE IT... Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Ildiko said...

Teri this is stuning. You very telented to be able to draw like this. Thx playing with IACCCB and GOOD LUCK
hugs
Ildiko

Ildiko said...

Hehe I'm deffenetly not feeling well if I don't even recognise my TT DT mate lol same on me
hugs
Ildiko

lachsekatze said...

She is wicked cool. I love her bracelets and her eyes. And her wings are superb.
And I love how you used her at the card. Great!

Alison said...

Wow! She is fang-tastic!!! I love the layering you created! What an awesome job you did here!!!

Gina said...

Hi Teri, saw your entry on crafter's companion challenge. Love your style! Hope you get the DT post.
love as always Gina x x x
( also closet goth, but creeping out sssslllloooowly)

Christine said...

Very gothic looking, thanks for taking part. x

crafty amy said...

This is so striking and I love the goth effect you have got it perfectly here :D
Good luck with the DT call
Hugs

Amy xx

Daniele said...

congratulations Teri look forward to working with you on the challenges at IACCC hugs from Daniele