Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Shiver Me Timbers!

Hiya folks!

How are you all keeping today - woke up to a few more inches of white stuff this morning. UGH! When will it end??!! More falling as I type. . .

My card this morning is my DT offering at the MyGrafico Challenge Blog, and follows this lovely sketch by our very own Mary:


We are using this set for the sketch, by Blackleaf:


Har-Har-Shiver me timbers!! Here's what I did with it:


My papers are from Funky Hand (skulls), the 'Happy Birthday' paper and the flag border is from a Pirate Bear set by Cuddly Buddly.

I coloured the image of the boat, and the compass with my watercolour pencils and raised bits with foam pads to get a bit of depth, I do like a bit of dimension in my cards. Not too much though, as it costs a fortune to post thicker cards!

If you would like to win this Pirate set from Blackleaf, have a go with the sketch and enter it at MyGrafico - easy as that!! Come on peeps - What ye waitin' for? har, har. . .

10 comments:

AnGelCaKe said...

Hi! Teri

Bravo !

Your card is very elegant.

Angelica

Karin said...

Outstanding card with great details! Love the popped up sails, as well as the patterned paper with the skulls! Fab :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
I love this brightly coloured card. the pirate theme and papers are fab.
We've had the white stuff falling here all day as well - I'm fed up with it. It's doesn't go well with crutches.
I love your new blog layout and colours.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mulberry station said...

What a fun boy Birthday card! Love it!!

Bogner's said...

I love your dp and your coloring is fabulous!

stampinlynn said...

Wow it all just pops WTG tfs

Sally H said...

That's just fabulous!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Great boys birthday card with a fab set. You should enter this card and your flower card in the 3D challenge at Crafty Creations.

Hugs Ali x

Stephanie said...

teri - this is sooooo cute! I just love that blue skull & crossbones dp...how perfect :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!