Sunday, 14 February 2010

Satsuma and Chocolate

Hiya folks!

Hope I find you all well this weekend? It is Sunday, and that means another new theme at Winter Wonderland! This week is a colour challenge, and the colours this time are: 'Satsuma, Gold and Chocolate'. Yummy, reminds me of Terry's Chocolate Oranges.

Our sponsor this time round is the lovely Regina from Cutting Cafe, who is offering three of her digi-kits to the winner!


We on the DT also had the option to use a Christmas Stocking on our project, so I chose to use my little Christmas Stocking Bear image, available at Delicious Doodles. I coloured this in with my trusty watercolour pencils and layered it as normal with foam pads.

I followed one of Anne's old sketches for this card, and just tweeked it here and there to fit my idea. I have used Funky Hand papers for the card base, which I printed in brown on orange cardstock, and also printed a Funky Hand snowflake paper in brown, but on white this time so the flakes were white.


The oval frame was generated in my page-makeup programme, and I cut it out by hand, along with the 'old gold' card that I layered it on. Haven't got a decent sized oval die (boohoo!) The flower is made with punches, inked and scored for depth, hope you can see from this photo. The ribbon is from the stash.

Righty then, now you get to pop over to Winter Wonderland and mooch through my DT sisters' samples - yummy stuff!!

I'm off now to enter this into this month's Funky Hand 'Get Funky' challenge, which is (luckily) an open theme this time! Sorry it's Christmas guys. . .!

20 comments:

Pascale said...

This is fabulous Teri a fantastic image I love the papers and the bear is so cute in his stocking. Hugs Pascale

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Teri and a gorgeous little bear - love him!

Love Lynda xxx

joey said...

Hiya Teri

Fabulous card, love the cute little detail you added with the ribbon bow, the flower is so pretty.

Joey.x

Teri said...

This is another fabulous card Teri! I love how you've used the colours .... and how do you get your bows so perfect???? Beautiful!

Teri xxx

Kim said...

Aw, such an adorable card! Love your little fellow! YOur flower is beautiful! Great job!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

How Gorgeous! Just reading the title made me feel hungry! I love this colour scheme - different for Christmas, but it really works well!

Jules said...

Hi Teri

Christmas card entries are fine - you super organised person you!!!

I am having a break and not starting mine until Easter!! LOL!!

I love your creation - very clever to print onto coloured cardstock. I never even thought of that!

Thank you for the inspiration and for joining in the Get Funky! Challenge this month.

Love Jules xx

Sue said...

Hi Terri
aww gorgeous card lovely cute image, luv the stocking, lovely papers & layout, sue.x

Lesley said...

gorgeous acrd huni...i love the image...luv n hugs Lesley xx

Anice said...

Christmas cards in Feb! You are an organised girl!! The card is fab and the bear is so cute. Thank you for joining in with this months Get Funky challenge and bringing it a bit of Xmas cheer!!
Anice xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow I love this card. The colours work very well and that image is just so cute. It all makes for a fantastic card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Babs said...

love the papers, & the sweet little chap, a great card
Babs x

LINDA said...

Such an adorable card!!Love the cute little image..Great design too..
Hugs, Linda

Elisa said...

This is beautiful.Love it.x

Danielle said...

Fantastic card Teri - I love this sweet bear in his stocking! Gorgeous paper and that flower is fabulous!
Hugs, Danielle

Clare said...

So gorgeous Teri, just love the colour combo, yep Terri's Chocolate Orange sprang to my mind too!!! the flower punch is beautiful too. Well done hun. Hugs Clare xxx

Nancy said...

WOW Teri:O) I LOVE this gorgeous Christmas card!!!! I love your job on this cute bear image, fab colouring. Beautiful papers, and that flower is awesome!
Have a lovely Monday.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Kath said...

fabulous card teri and I love your colour combo for christmas...unusual but so effective...love that bear too...thanks for joining in the fun this month with the Get Funky Gang...hugs kath xxxxx

Allison said...

my you are getting prganised early
super card and image
Thanks for playing along at Get Funky
AllisonX

Kaz said...

Awwww this little bear is just sooooo cute & adorable! LOVE your card. The decoupage looks fab.
Kaz xx