Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Sassy Pink Tote

Hi again folks!!

Been a busy girl today, and finished up a wee tote I have been wanting to make for a few days.

The template I bought from D.A.I.S.I.E. and is part of a set named 'It's A Jungle Out There', by Gina Jane. It has a lovely Zebra/Tiger stripe on the bag, but only prints out in the colour from the download. I managed to twiddle it in photoshop to make it into a greyscale. Then I coloured in a luscious pink! I used the original template to cut around for the bag shape and followed their instructions for the folding and sticking.


On the front of the tote I have followed the sketch at Midnight Madness:


The heart image is my own available at Delicious Doodles, and is coloured with watercolour pencil and layered. Under this, I have put some white lace which I have puckered to make it all frilly looking. I have used some of the stripey paper to make a kind of ribbon border with black lines on the edge - you can just about see it running top to bottom to the left under the heart.

For the flowers, I recently bought a lovely new set from Creative Cottage, again all digitally downloaded. The flowers are part of that set, named 'Bags of Style'. I just printed a few and cut out the different layers, curled up the petals, and separated them with a foam pad between each layer for extra depth.


The last thing was the handle. I decided that my ribbons were all too floppy for that, so I rooted around in my spare bits box and came across some fluffy feather stuff on a string. Just right!!

Now then, this will hopefully fit a load of other challenges, so here goes:

Pixie Dust Studio - '3 Dimensional Project'

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - 'Hearts and Valentine'

Fussy and Fancy Friday - 'Hearts' (plus black and pink if possible)



Pink Elephant - 'Pink' - hoping there is enough pink here??

Digital Tuesday - 'A Different Fold' - quite a few folds here!


Phew! Just a few then . . .!! Think I had better go and lie down now. . .

29 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This tote is gorgeous. The embellishments are wonderful and that lace is to die for. It's a beautiful creation.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Ooohhh...I love the pink and black together! Very fresh for Valentines! Wonderful take on the sketch this week! Thanks for joining us and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMSC DT

Dragonlady said...

Hey girl very sassy, I love it and all those challenges too - well done hun.

Hugs Ali x

Mel X said...

Hiya Teri, what a fabulous creation. LOVE the colour them and the feather boa handle. The lace looks stunning and the flowers and colour combi are wonderful.

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC, hope we see you again soon.

Mel X

Clare said...

Wow, so stunning Teri. The flowers are gorgeous & love the colours. Someone would be very happy to receive that. Hugs Clare xxx

Priscilla said...

Wow Terri this is just as cute as can be. I love your heart too. Well done using the sketch for your project this week. Hey, only 2 more weeks to go ;) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Keep entering because we have some wonderful sponsors coming up, PLUS, we are going to have another one of our HUGE give-a-ways in a few weeks, so keep playing with us for all the action ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sally H said...

Wow! That's wonderful!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Oooh this is a Valentine after my own heart!! Lot's of pink, ruffly, fluffy stuff!! PERFECT!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness....girl...this is just fabulous!! I LOVE IT!! LOOK at all of that beautiful fluff and stuff!! Love the heart and everything!! You did such a wonderful job with this!! I love it!! Thanks for adding this to the Saturday Spotlight challenge this week!! HUGS :)

PaperCrafty said...

Very sassy!! Love it!!

Phyllis said...

Teri, my word is this ever beautiful!! I love the colors and the feathers!! Just incredibly gorgeous!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Kim said...

Teri, Darling, you have really outdone yourself with this one too! OMG, love the lace, the sentiment is gorgeous, and the flowers, now those are flowers that a scrappers loves.... and your little furry treatment...omg...stunning, girlfriend!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kathy said...

Teri, this is a great project. LOVE the PINK and BLACK! Thanks for playing with the Pixies!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - what are you doing to me - each week you nearly knock me over with these gorgeous creations, your cards are fabulous and the detail is always stunning. Love the flowers and the 'fluff' - it is all too gorgeous!! It is great to have you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love seeing your cards! Can't wait to see what you do next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Annmaree said...

I looooooove this, gorgeous colours and details! way to go!

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Kelly Landers said...

What a great project!! Love it!

Ellie said...

Beautiful. Love the colors you used. and the flowers are so pretty.

Lana said...

A very fancy creation!
Thank you for joining us at PDS
Lana x

Rose said...

This is fabulous Teri! Really stunning! I love the colors!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Teri! This is absolutely FABULOUS!!! I LOVE pink and black together! (They were my wedding colors :)
Thanks for playing along with us at PDS!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow! What a great Digital Tuesday entry! Love it!

Carol said...

Oo La La this is magnifique'!!! Sassy would be the word I would also use to describe this charming creation. It is something I would expect to find a a frilly boutique. How wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us again this week. We love having you as part of our Midnight Madness family.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Jennifer said...

Lovely layers Thanks for playing at Fussy and Fancy.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Teri!! Love the pink and black and all the dimension!! Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness. You did a great job with the sketch.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Oooooh Teri, what a fabby little tote bag this is! Love all the fluff around the handle!! Beautiful colors, lace and flowers are just the right touch for this super sweet bag! Awesome job! Love it!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Michelle said...

Teri this is awesome, totally brilliant. love it!! Wonderful entry for this weeks DU2DS this week.
x Michelle

Chris said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Such a cute card and a very sweet image. Love your colouring and design too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

April Rose said...

Gorgeous tote! I love the colors and fabulous details! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April