Saturday, 6 February 2010

Romantic Rose

Hiya folks,

Phew I'm a bit late today!! Hubby knicked the compy for several hours, then the wee one nabbed it before I could get a look in! Still, that meant I got a few more things finished than I was going to.

So here is one of those items, a Romantic Rose card, which I have completed for a fair few challenges, as they all seem to be having similar themes out there! I will post a list at the end.


I used my Rosebud image, available for purchase at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles, which I coloured with watercolour pencils, and layered with the usual foam pads. All the papers and elements are from two sets at Daisy Company by a designer named Gina Jane. 'L'Amore' and 'Cottage Roses'. (sorry, but the link I use doesn't seem to work today, so no point in me giving out a blank page eh?) I have added some tiny pearls to the frame, and a bit of lace behind the border that goes across the middle. Not very visible, but the light here today is so poor. Had the light on most of the day!!


So, here we go with a list of challenges then:



Papertake Weekly - 'Love Actually'

Cute Daisy May - 'Valentine in Pink and Neutral'

La La Land - 'Hearts'

Creative Inspirations - 'Pink and Cream'

Penny's Challenges - 'Valentine or Love'

17 comments:

pinky said...

Teri this is just gorgeous, so very romantic, love how you layered up the rose. Thanks for joining us at CDM this week. You should enter this in By the Cute and Girly too.
Pinky

Penny D. said...

Very beautiful card! Love the rose.

Thanks for joining us this week!

Sally H said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the vintage feel to it and the pearls and lace are perfect embellishments. Stunning!

Elena said...

Very beautiful card! I love the rose and dimension you created! The hearts look wonderful here!
Thank you so much for joining us at La-La Land Weekly Challenge!

Irina said...

Beatiful card with lovely details!!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Avril Ann said...

One Word Teri, WOW..... many thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxx

chercroppin said...

Oh Wow Teri! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL hun! LOVE all of your layers here, must've taken quite a bit of time to create this one! Fabulous images, papers, and those pearls....love those!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again! : )

scrappyjan said...

Wow Teri, beautiful artwork!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs, Janiel

Valoudesbois said...

Oh what a lovely card, thanks for joining us at CDM this week.

valou

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This creation is just stunning Teri! I just love your work and find inspiration with each new creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Challenge. Hope to see you again challenge!!

Jane Matsumoto said...

Gorgeous, Teri! So romantic! Thank you for joining in on the ♥HEARTS♥ challenge at La-La Land Crafts!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

So happy you found your way to the Creative Inspirations challenge. And my goodness, your card is fabulous. The roses and just gorgeous and I love the embossed piece behind the heart. Great job on the pink and cream challenge. Happy you could join in the fun at Creative Inspirations this week.

Denise Clark said...

You called this Romantic Rose and the name is perfect. It feels soooo romantic. Love the vintage feel to this. the colors are just wonderful! Love the pearls and the lace under the floral border. Beautiful card!

Kim Y. said...

Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

Maureen said...

What a stunning card! Love the papers and that beautiful rose! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Michelle said...

You amaze me Teri, to produce cards with your own artwork, totally love it!
x Michelle

Kim said...

How did I miss this one! OMG, this is one very romantic card! I so adore your rose and those beautiful pearls!
Thanks for playing with us again at Penny's Challenges!
Blessings,
Kim xXx