Friday, 5 February 2010

New Home Card - Polka Doodles GDT

Hiya folks!

Hope you are all feeling crafty now the weekend is near!!

I have some really exciting news for you (well, exciting for me anyways!) I was asked a couple of months ago to be a Guest Designer for the whole of February over at Polka Doodles - cool or what!! They have some fabby CD's out, and some great downloads in their shop too - you should pay them a visit!!

As Guest for this month I was allowed to play with their newest CD - Back To Nature. This cd is stocked full of images and papers and ideas - difficult to know what to start with it's all so yummy!

Well todays challenge at Polka Doodles is 'Paper Piecing'. Ah, now that stopped me in my tracks, as I haven't done much of this technique, if any at all, so it's a complete new venture for me. Well, that is what challenges are all about, isn't it?? To challenge and be challenged, phew, it was a challenge too!!


I finally decided after hours of deliberating, to make a New Home card with the Back To Nature CD. Luckily there was a whole section devoted to such theme, with shaped bits, images, etc. So I got to work printing out bits and bobs. The paper piecing bit was a bit fiddly though. You have to print out your chosen image onto patterned paper/card and then cut out the bits you want to stick over the original image. Good thing I don't have Arthritis!!


In the end I decided to make my card into a Pop Up card, just for a change. Haven't done one since Bonfire Night (a UK thing in November), and the shaped element in the New Home collection fitted my idea perfectly for the pop-up bit inside. I made a load of little punched flowers out of the papers on the cd, and layered up the image on the front, before sticking my 'bits to be paper-pieced' on top. The only bits I haven't used from the cd are the little pink glittery flower centres, some inky edges, and the original cardstock I printed onto.


So, if you want more inspiration for your Paper Piecing projects, head over to Polka Doodles now! Such a fabby job from their resident DT sisters!! Excellent work ladies!

13 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Congrats Teri you did a fantastic job with the c.d your card is gorgeous. Christine x

Rose said...

Oh WOW Teri! This card is amazing! I love the sweet colors you used and you did the paper piecing fab! Beautiful! Congrats on the GDT! Have a super weekend!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is a fab new home card. I love the colours and your images all gel together. I love the stitching.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

What a fantastic card Teri - love the design, the papers and the pop up - very clever!

Love Lynda xxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW girl ... you are so cleverly crafty! LOVE this fun card! BTW ... congrats on winning over on RAISE THE BAR with last week's creation! You ROCK girlie!!!

TannyP said...

Holy moly! What a talent! Lovely creation, Teri - you're so full of creativity...I love it!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your colors and pretty popped up image!! HUGS

Clare said...

Wow you have been a busy little beaver Teri!!!! just looked at all of your cards since i was last logged on yesterday. Very beautiful selection of cards hun. Just love the papers from the CD you have used on the home sweet home card, gorgeous. I love your work Teri, you are such an inspitation. Hugs Clare xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just saw this on the Polka Doodles blog and had to hop over. I love this and the pop up element is such fun. Marianne x

Sally H said...

Wow, Teri! You are so clever. That is fabulous!

Micki said...

You've not done paper piecing much??? Well, one can't tell by looking at this wonderful project. Absolutely gorgeous. How come my paper piecings don't look this good, lol.

hugs

Kim said...

Congrats on your new Guest Spot!! You certainly brought this challenge "home" so to speak! I love your paper piecing, this little scene is darling. Love the cottage feel to the papers you chose and the inside is fab too! You rocked it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Hope Jacare said...

A wonderful paper pieced card Teri - really looking forward to working with you at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x