Sunday, 28 February 2010

Mono-Christmas

Hiya folks!

Hope your weekend is going well so far?

My card today is my DT offering at Winter Wonderland, where we have a 'Monotone' theme this week. I took a break from the usual mono-christmas colours of black, blue, white or red, and plumped for Green instead.


I have used my Poinsettia image for this theme, available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I printed it three times and cut the petals out to layer up. I inked the edges in green and put some glistening snow writer on the very tips and in the centre.



The papers are from Tinker & Co. I followed a yummy sketch from Sunday Sketch and Stamp for this layout, just right for the shape of the image.

The scalloped bit was done with a Martha Stewart punch, and the sentiment is computer generated. The ribbon is from my stash.

Why don't you pop over to Winter Wonderland and take a nosey round my lovely DT sisters' cards for some yummy inspiration. Maybe even have a go yourself?? You might just win our prize this week, donated by our very own Teri P. Thanks hun! Off you go then, what you waiting for??

13 comments:

Pascale said...

Such an elegant card Teri your flower is stunning and i love the punched borders they look gorgeous. Hugs Pascale

Sally H said...

That's lovely Teri! I wish I could get myself organised to make Christmas cards throughout the year, but I just can't!

Sue said...

Hi Teri
beautiful card luv the 3d to it, lovely papers, sue,x

Teri said...

This is so gorgeous Teri. I love your flower, it's perfect :o) Beautiful card xxxx

Lynda said...

Gorgeous flower, colours and sketch. Just love it Teri.

Love Lynda xxx

Danielle said...

Fabulous card Teri! The poinsettia is gorgeous all cut out and layered like that! A very elegant creation!
Hugs, Danielle

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love this card. the papers are fabulous and the double punched border is brilliant. The layered poinsettia is gorgoeus.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

I love your poinesttia! That little touch of glistening snow on the edges is such an elegant touch! Love the greens too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Arianne said...

Great card! Great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining our challenge at SS&S.

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just GORGEOUS Teri! Love the added sparkle on the tips!! Great idea! Lovely layout too ... fantastic holiday creation!

Rosis Stöberseite said...

WOW, eine schlichte aber sehr schöne Winterkarte. Die gefällt mir sehr gut.
Hugs
Rosi

Avril Ann said...

Another Superb card Teri, I love your work, you know that, hope you are well, love Avril xxx

Mimiko said...

This is really lovely :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)