Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Messy Me

Hiya folks.

Woke up to more snow today, but only a wee bit thankfully - and the sun is blazing this morning, so it'll all melt soon - I hope! Supposed to stay bloomin' cold though, so maybe it won't. Hope all is well where you are, with no more 's' word for you??

Well this is my second post today, already! My first one is below, so scroll down for that one. I am sponsoring at Midnight Madness this week, so that post is my card to join in with them.

This post is all about the new theme at Tuesday Taggers - which this week requires you all to 'Get Messy!' Now that's OK for those of you who use loads of ink and rubbah - little 'ole mua doesn't do ink and rubbah, so I had to rack my brains for this one! Just so happens that a customer of mine got in touch on Friday to say she was after a New York Honeymoon card, with the skyline on it, so I got to thinking 'skyline - sunset - messy??'

Now, how to do a sunset when you have no inks. . . Then I remembered my very ancient set of oil pastels, and I mean ancient! These were my Dad's, and I have had them since I was a kid. Not used them much, but I dragged them kicking and screaming out of the depths of my cupboard - LOL

I got out some colours that were sort of sunset-ish, not great colours in this set for that, but I found some. Then I just streaked them over a page of A4 paper and blended them together with my fingers, here is the messy bit:


I found a photo of the New York Skyline, and made by own silhouette image by printing it out on a piece of paper, then traced over it and coloured it in black. Then I scanned it into the compy along with the sunset mess, and combined them both before shrinking to card size and printing out.


As it was to be a Honeymoon card, I also found a picture of a couple about to kiss, and did the same, traced over, coloured in and scanned. Then I drew extra white lines on it for the man's suit, and the lady's hair. This image is now available on my blog shop, Delicious Doodles, and I have named it 'Lovers Silhouette'. I printed this out, cut round it and raised it from the card with foam pads. Last thing I did was pop some brads in the corners, just for a bit of bling.

OK folks, let's see your messiness then. If you need more inspiration, then head across to Tuesday Taggers - WOW - loads of mess on there peeps!! This week's winner could get a voucher to spend at The Craft Barn, as they are our sponsors this time. Go on - have a go folks!

I am also entering this into the Saturday Spotlight Challenge, as they want things 'Messy' too! I think this just about qualifies for that - LOL

13 comments:

xxNikkixx said...

Wow Teri...this is stunning....love and hugs Nikki xx

Mervi said...

Wow, Looks fabulous Teri! Great work,-))m

Grabka said...

fantastic!

Doreenobrn said...

Wow now this was worth getting messy for, a stunning piece of work.xxx

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! This is so gorgeous!! You sure did a beautiful job with that skyline!! I'm so glad that you got yourself messy! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Teri!!1 I love your skyline and your card turned out stunning with the silhouettes!! What an awesome take on the messy challenge!! Thanks for playing along this week at SAT. Spotlight!!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

Yep this is messy for sure but Oh so worth it.. terrific job.. Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight..

Zoechaos said...

Lovin' this, I'm an inky stampin' kinda gal but the way you make the 'puter work for you like this - WOW.

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Teri! I love it! sunsets manage to combine such fabulous colours, don't they x

Kim said...

OMG, this is amazing! Way to get messy in such a fun and fabby way! I know your customer will cherish this card and all you did to create it! Love it!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PatR said...

Wow Teri this is such a fantastic piece of work. Love your technique of combining messy crafting and computer crafting. Very clever.
Pat xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... look at you go my friend! This is AMAZING!!!! And, absolutely gorgeous! WELL DONE!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight! You certainly ROCKED this "messy" challenge!

Dragonlady said...

hi Teri

This is fantastic - really creative and the sunset is brilliant.

Hugs Ali x