Friday, 19 February 2010

Lily Bouquet

Hi again folks, 'tis me back for card number two!

I wanted to showcase one of my new images, the Lily Bouquet, and as it happens, I needed to make a Wedding card for my DH's Boss and Secretary who are getting hitched soon.


This image is now available in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles, along with the Tulips I showcased from a few posts ago. I have also made it with a couple of challenges in mind. The first one being at Charisma Cardz, where they have a sketch this week that I followed for the layout of my card.


I coloured my lilies in faintly with a bit of greeney-yellow, and left the most part white, with darker green leaves. Then I layered (quite deeply for me) with foam pads and put some lovely lace behind the oval shape.


The diagonal strip is a DP by Funky Hand from the 'I Do Wordbook' download, but it is a bit too faint to see really, as it is a pale yellow. I punched along the edges with my heart shaped Martha Stewart border punch, and inked the edges in green.


The cardstock is a lovely pearlescent white, that I inked in green round the edges. The flowers in the corner are made with punches and another Funky Hand DP with inked edges, and the brads are from the stash. These fit with the theme at Cute Card Thursday, where they want to see 'Metal things'.

It also fits (I hope) with the theme at Simon Says Stamp, which is a recipe to follow: '3 types of embellishment, 2 patterned papers, 1 image'. The DP's I have used are pretty faint to see, but they are there - honest!!

I am also hoping it fits into the theme at Pink Elephant this week - they want to see 'Ribbon', I hope Lace counts. . .?

Right, lunch beckons, hmn do I go salad, or soup??

15 comments:

Kelly Landers said...

Stunning Teri! Love all the dimension!

Trudi said...

Gorgeous Teri! Love those lilies! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Clare said...

Wow stunning Teri, you are sure one talented chick, not only to design the card but to also design the image. Hugs Clare xxx

Sally H said...

Another stunner! Absolutely gorgeous!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
You really are outdoing yourself today. Another stunner. These are gorgeous flowers and so beautifully laid out.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Scrappy Witch said...

Wonderful card! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Pink Elephant!

Betty

Kim said...

Stunning wedding card! I love your elegant design! THe lily is one of my favorite flowers! Your lace is just the perfect finishing touch! I know this lovely bride will cherish this card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

TannyP said...

Holy crow - that is an absolutely OUTSTANDING card!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

This is fab hun, love the lace.

Hugs Ali x

Deb said...

wow, this is stunning, love the 3d effect! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Martine said...

such a pretty card, love it :), Wonderful papers,image and embellies, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge, Good Luck :)

xx

Martine

Allison said...

gorgeous card, love the flowers
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Kelly said...

stunning card!!! thanks for playing the charisma sketch challenge- kelly

JanJay said...

This is so lovely and a great take on the sketch

Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week

Jan x

Tasha said...

Wow this is such a stunning card - i love the flowers and the beautiful lace
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx