Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Kitties In Love

Hiya folks!

A lovely damp and squishy day here in North East Scotland (sarcasm there) Ugh - it's well dull today! I hope I find you all in good cheer though??

It's Wednesday, and that means a new sketch from the lovely Arlana at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:


There is a lovely sponsor this week too, in the shape of Soft Pencil. We on the DT were given images to play with, and here is what I made with mine:


A cute pair of kitties aren't they?? They are named Michu and Michula. I loved colouring this one, such an easy image to use my watercolour pencils on. I also layered it with foam pads for some extra depth.


The DP's and the rose border and rose image are all from Daisy Company, by Gina Jane - Cottage Roses set. All digital, which is fine by me!! I inked the paper and card edges, and put some pink stickles on the rose image for some bling. I really like the way this one turned out!

So, head over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday for some more yumminess, and have a go, you may even win the Soft Pencil voucher!!

This is my last DT offering for SSW. I am sad to be leaving, and want to say a HUGE Thank you to Arlana for having me on her Team - it has been a pleasure working with you hun, and the rest of the lovely DT!! I will miss you all, but I won't be going anywhere. I'll be keeping my beedy eye on you!!

19 comments:

Annmaree said...

aw I love this, so adorable and great 3d effect!

Terry Oulboub said...

Teri, the kitties are so cute and that flower just screams out beautiful; is perfect with the ribbon! Wow, you used water color pencils; how fab is that! ;D

mulberry station said...

Your cards are wonderfu Teri. I love that added flower for the Kitten card.

mulberry station said...

It's me again...just wanted to let you know it has been a pleasure working with you on the DT. Your cards are always gorgeous. Want to wish you the best. I will still be stopping by your blog. I don't remember if I told you thank you for the card...It really brightened my day!

Kim said...

Aw, how sweet is this little kitty card? Love in the most innocent way. Your coloring is fab and so is the rose! Love it!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Stacy said...

Oh Teri! Sweet card! I Love, love, love that rose, it turned out beautiful! You will be missed at SSW :(
Hugs,
Stacy

Melissa Craig said...

Love your card Teri! The dimension is purr-fect!

We will miss you, but I'm certain you have great things to come! Good luck!

Hugs,
Mel

Lisa T said...

Teri - I love what you did with this image. The layering is terrific, as is that rose embellishment. We will miss you on the SSW DT!! Wishing you success in your future endeavors...

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute!! I love the dimension! It's been fun working with you on SSW, good luck!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, Teri, this card is beautiful. I love how you popped it. The flower ribbon and flower with the glitter is a nice added touch. I will certainly miss you on the DT. I have loved your inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us. Good luck in all your endeavors!

Rose said...

Your card is just lovely Teri! Beautiful colors! I will miss you Teri! It has been a pleasure working beside you, I am always in awe of all you accomplish and so beautifully! Take care!
Hugs,
Rose

Sally H said...

very Cute! Thanks for your message on 'that other blog' I'm looking forward to it too!!!

Dragonlady said...

Hi hun,

This is so beautiful, love the depth and colours.

Hugs Ali x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Teri, the decoupaged rose is beautiful! I'm so sorry that you are leaving the DT, I have really enjoyed working with you and I hope you might be able to come and enter the odd challenge :) Donna x

Jeannie said...

The ribbon, the rose, the bling....perfection!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Arlana said...

Teri, I love your card this week. I love the watercoloring and the colors that you used. I will miss you sweet cards each week. But I will Keep check out your blog. Good luck on future endevors. Thanks so much for all you did for me!!! It was so fun working with you.

Avril Ann said...

I want these Kitties for real, Oh!No! I have 6 already...Brian would have a fit..LOL...love this card. Hugs Avril xxx

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Lovely card, Teri!! I love the soft colors and fabulous flower embelli!! Wonderful job with the challenge!!

KymKreates said...

wow your flower is just stunning. Your whole card is just magnificent!