Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Key To My Heart

Hiya folks,

Second post today, scroll down for the first!


This card then is my DT offering for MyGrafico this week, and again we have a lovely sketch for you designed by our very own Mary:


We had another lovely little set to work with in the shape of this Key Stamp Set from Sarah Paris, available at the MyGrafico Shop:


Here is what I came up with then:


I used pearlescent cream cardstock and inked the edges with metallic copper ink. I printed out some damask patterned card and inked the edges of that too. The images were coloured with my watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads, then stuck to the frame which I made in my graphics programme. This was layered in turn onto some pearlescent gold card, which I also used for under the sentiment. The text in the banners was computer generated. Last thing I did was to tie some lovely organza ribbon round the hole in the key image.

Must say I really enjoyed making this one - it kinda just 'fell' together - love it when that happens!

16 comments:

Karin said...

Great job...I love the ribbon detail added to the key! So clever!

AnGelCaKe said...

hi! Teri

Cute card ... I love the color's key.

Angelica

Kim said...

This is a fab card! I love your big darling key! You colored it up just perfectly! Love your take on the sketch! This ribbon is perfect for the finishing touch!
Blessigs,
Kim xXx

Jennifer said...

This is beautiful! I love the layered panel below the key. So pretty!

Lisa T said...

Cool sketch. Great job on the card! :)

Bogner's said...

This is amazing! I love all the popped hearts. It really adds that extra something! Beautiful!

Martha said...

this is beautiful, love everything about it.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is beautiful. I love the layout and the key is awesome. I love the sentiment.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Mary said...

This is very pretty! Love the colors.

Dragonlady said...

Lovely card Teri, the keys are great.

hugs Ali x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous! I love all the detail!

stampinlynn said...

Wonderful detail and love the sketch tfs...Lynn:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Avril Ann said...

Another fab card Teri, I know who has the key to my heart...LOL. Love Avril xxxx

Stephanie said...

I just love the layer behind the key...it spotlights the image beautifully!! Great idea to break up the sentiment :)

stampinlynn said...

Another beauty tfs...Lynn:)