Tuesday, 23 February 2010

I'm Sponsoring Midnight Madness!!

Hiya folks!

WOWEEE! I'm sponsoring this weeks sketch over at Midnight Madness. These girls are so Uber-Talented. I am priviledged, nay honoured, to be sponsoring them this week with my blog shop, Delicious Doodles - this should be fun!!

I have some yummies on offer for the winner, everything in the picture here:


I gave the girls there the same images to play with, and yippeee for me, some of them have come up trumps. Obviously their main efforts have to be with the monthly sponsor, but I am so chuffed that my images have been used at all . . . !!

So I decided to take part with a card of my own following the more complex sketch:


There is another simpler version, and you get to choose which you use, or even combine them, like I did with my entry last week.

So for this card I have used a new image that I only uploaded yesterday afternoon, that of the Vase of Roses. It is available now at Delicious Doodles, my blog shop, along with a few other things which may be of interest. . .


I only just had this card ready in time really. Had to take a run into town for some suitable beads, and do you think I could find anything?? Like hell I could. So I opted for a close second with these gold ones with a sort of antique look. I put them together with some brown glass beads I have on a gold thread (from tags at Christmas) and hung them from eyelets.


My Damask papers are from Cupcake Cutiees at MyGrafico, and I printed them in brown with a very faint creamy backing colour. Then I smudged brown metallic ink round the edges. The diagonal papers are from Funky Fairies, who are no longer, so no link available, sorry!

I placed it all in layers on some gorgeous leather effect brown card, and smudged gold metallic rub-on over it to bring out the texture of the card. The Image is printed in brown too, so as to give it a 'Sepia' feel, which just hapens to fit in with the challenge at Creative Inspirations this week.

The image is printed several times, then cut out and layered with foam pads for that 3d look. Hope you all like it! AND I hope you will all have a go with the sketches at Midnight Madness this week. You never know - you may win my goodies!!

17 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hey Teri, we are so thrilled that you are our sponsor this week. We had fun with your image and look forward to using them some more. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Great new image on your card here..It is just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing this week with us.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

FarHai said...

beautiful card!

Eleftheria said...

wow!!! what a card!!! really beautiful one, and the beads really match!!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Teri, I just love your card. The roses are beautiful. Your card is so elegant and those beads are just beautiful!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

Lovely Linda said...

HI Teri - I am so glad that you did NOT use your single rose this week - your work is too beautiful and I would have had to hide mine! LOL! Thank you for your generosity Teri - I love your images! Love the layering with this one - beautiful - your beads are perfect! We love seeing your card each week and appreciate your ongoing support for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - we hope to see you again next week!
Linda MMSC Deisgn Team

chercroppin said...

Good morning Teri! Thanks for being our sponsor this week, and WOWZA on this card!!! It is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful papers, amazing roses and awesome beads!!

Very nice of you to play along with the sketch!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Another beautiful layered flower card. I really love the way you put them together. It's gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! Your card is just amazing!! I love your pretty image!! Maybe I can be the lucky one to win this week!?! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Teri!! This is stunning!! I just love the layered vase of flowers, the beads you used to embellish your creation with and the design!! What an awesome and elegant take on the MMSC!! I will have to use one of your images in the future since I was not able to use them today for the MMSC.
hugs,
Chris

Carol said...

Teri, thank you so much for sponsoring us this week. I have got to say that I just adore this fabulous card. Those little beads are so charming. A beautiful image perfectly displayed and embellished.
Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Wow! Teri your card is SO Elegant! I love how you layered these roses and what a spectacular use of gold beads! This is just gorgeous! :) Thanks for being our sponsor this week too. Michelle MMDT

Sally H said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning!!! I lvoe it! Sooo elegant.

Carolyn said...

Simply gorgeous, and so very elegant. Thank you for joining us at the MMSC this week. Hope you will play again!

Carolyn
MMSC DT

Kim said...

Yahoo for you, sponsoring this challenge! I've played along the last couple weeks, I have to be sure and play this week! Yumminss in hat prize pack! Yor card is stunning, as always. I am so in love with your soft watercolor special touch....Your take on the sketch is fab too!
blessings,
Kim xXX

Dragonlady said...

Stunning card Teri. Love the beads for added bling.

Hugs Ali x

Sue said...

Wow, this card is stunning. The brown, gold and white is a wonderful combo for this image. I can smell those roses!!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi Teri! We are so happy to have you sponsoring us this week! These roses are STUNNING! Your digi's are certainly impressive! You have talent! Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMSC DT