Friday, 12 February 2010

I Love My Digi's!

Hiya folks!

You'll never guess what I can see out the window today?? It's THE SUN!! We haven't seen her in our skies here in North East Scotland for the best part of a week - grey skies and rain all that time - sheesh!

I would say I am full of the joys, but the school are having a 'long weekend' - kinda half term affair, and the kids had a mate for a sleepover last night. So rather than just my three, I have four noisy brats to contend with this morning - Headache Pills at the ready then. . .!!

So, on to my first post today, I will have another one for you later, if you care to join me for that one too???

After winning at Raise The Bar last week, I was invited by the lovely Joni to make something for this week as a Guest Designer, and the challenge was to use a stamp or set that you would NEVER give up or sell. Now, you might have noticed that I don't use rubbah - so I couldn't go down that route - so after a lot of deliberation and head-banging, I decided that I could NOT be without my digi-papers!


With that in mind, I followed a tutorial over at Digital Delights, for a Clam Style Box. Then I decorated it with some of those digi-papers, which are from Tinker & Co., with purple bazzill underneath. I smothered it all with ink round the edges of the card and the box. The picture on the top is from another digi-set by Raspberry Road. The big swirl shape is from MyGrafico which I tweeked a bit to fit the theme.

The colour theme is Lavender and Lace, which is the challenge at Cute Daisy May this week. You can just about see the lace underneath the image, which I inked up too. For the top of the box I followed the sketch at Midnight Madness, which had my head spinning this week I'll tell ya! BOY did I rack my brains to find a shape to fit that sketch!


The flowers and leafy bits are all punched shapes made using scraps of the bazzill and digi-paper that I had left over, plus a couple of extra bits from the 'bits box'. This fits with the challenge at DU2DS this time which is to use your punches. Quick off the mark with this one, but I had this made already, and was typing up this post and remembered the new challenge that I saw whilst having my breakfast!

16 comments:

Linnie said...

Oh My this is totaly fab
Thankyou for coming out to play with CDM this week
luv
linniex

Chris said...

An absolutely gorgeous gift box Teri! I love the shape, might have a look at the tutorial myself so thanks for the link. Very pretty use of your punches and I love the colours too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

What an absolutely gorgeous project! Thanks for joining the CDM Challenge this week!

pinky said...

Teri this is just a beautiful piece of work, the image is perfect for our challenge this week at CDM. Thanks for taking time to join us.
Pinky

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful gift box, Teri!! I love all the embellishments & dimension!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is GORGEOUS Teri! Love how you incorporated the other challenges into your guest spot! Great thinking!! Your work is always inspiring to me! Well done!

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the card and the box. Such beautiful colours and the image is so elegant

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I love your box and love that you submitted a box this week, altered items really mix it up!! Very pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at Midnight Madness, so glad you did.

Jane MMSC DT

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - your work is always so amazing and this is no exception! I love the box you have created and how you have used the MMSC - how amazing are you!! Your image is gorgeous ad I love the side panel - well top panel in this case - so beautifully done! Well done Teri with your guest spot and the challenges! It is great to have you playing along this week with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, your cards are such a delight to see. We look forward to seeing you next week!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Carol said...

Wozer Teri..this is one of those "knock your socks off" projects. It is extremely delightful and enchanting. Pure eye candy. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Avril Ann said...

Utterly stunning Teri, love it, you are lucky our kids are off until a week on Tuesday..YIKEES....thank you so much for joining in with us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Avril Ann said...

Ignore the post above when it comes Teri...I am trying to get through everything before we get thrown out of the house...LOL,Stunning Box Teri, many thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Lil Sis said...

Stunning box, can see why you love those papers, they are yummy. thanks for joining us at CDM hope to see you again next week.

Beccy x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Teri this is out of this world beautiful I love it thank you for sharing this with us at CDM.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Priscilla said...

WOW..you rocked it..you box is stunning. {{{clap clap clap}}}Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.. I “LOVE” that you are around to share with us and your work fills my heart with joy. Be sure to check the sneak peek and hope your weekend was filled with lots of love and of course crafting ;)
Sending LOVE your way <3 <3 <3
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Valoudesbois said...

Oh what a lovely card

Thanks for joining us at CDM

Valérie