Friday, 12 February 2010

Hearts and Flowers

Hiya folks, me again!

This is my promised second post, scroll down for the first one peeps!


It is my second week Guesting at Polka Doodles this week, and the challenge is 'Hearts and Flowers'. I got to play with the 'Back To Nature' CD, full of images and papers with a nature theme.


I decided to make another box - seems to be a boxey type of day huh? This one I made from scratch with no templates or tutorials. I used a couple of hear shaped die cuts that I made with my Big Shot and some pearlescent red card. Using the same card I cut some strips of the same card about 4cms wide, and went all the way along one edge snipping little slits so I could stick those to the heart shape and make the box base. Then I did the same with the lid. I also cut a strip of paper and inked it up before using my Martha Stewart hearts border punch along it, and sticking it to the lid.


I used the Flower Stackies from the 'Back To Nature' cd, and printed them out at various sizes before cutting out. I curled up the petals before layering up, and stuck a button bit in the centre with a foam pad under it. Around the box lid I have adhered some pearls that come in a string - that was tricky - blooming thing kept moving before the glue was dry!!

Last thing was to add the flowers to the lids, and some other lovey dovey bits from the stash, and there you have it!

OK, so I'm entering this into a few challenges too, hope you Polka D ladies don't mind?? Here we are with a wee list then:

Pixie Cottage - 'Love'

Right, off to make lunch for the kids then - ugh! Tiresome - much rather be crafting!!

14 comments:

Babs said...

This is amazing teri, wow love the colours, & the box is really fab.

Babs x

Arlana said...

Teri, this is so beautiful. Love all your added touches!!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This box is gorgeous. I've never made a heart shaped box but you have made it sound easy so I might have a go. I love the big flower you have made - it's awesome.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lynda said...

Wow Teri this is such an amazing box - It is so neat for such a difficult shape. Love the huge flower too. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers too!

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Fabulous project

Katie said...

Gorgeous box!
I can't belive you made it just like that!
Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage!

Jeannie said...

Wow that flower is amazing!
Really beautiful!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Deb said...

wow, fabulous, love your gorgeous box, many thanks for joining us at CCT this week, hugs Debx

Hope Jacare said...

A fabulous project Teri - beautifully made! Great colours, I love that CD!!Cheers Claire x

Iris said...

Oh wow, what an amazing box, great work.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I saw this on the challenge and just had to pop over and say how gorgeous it is. That flowers is fabulous. I love it. Marianne x

Tammy said...

WOW...that is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage and hope to see you again!! Good luck!

CreaRenata said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage.

Anne said...

A really beautiful box! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne