Friday, 19 February 2010

For The Birds

Hiya folks!

Ugh - more white stuff falling! Thought we had seen the back of it for this winter, but no, it has returned for another go. Not too much I hope. . .

My card for today, well, this morning, is for my Guest DT spot at Polka Doodles this month, and there is a theme AND a sketchy to follow! The theme, as you may have guessed by the title, is 'For The Birds', and here is the sketch I followed:


For my Guest DT spot I have been using the cd 'Back To Nature', which (very conveniently) has loads of birdies on it!! I chose to use the Shake a Tailfeather section, as it includes lovely Peacocks, such elegant and graceful birds. I have visited Prinknash Abbey a few times (in the Cotswold Hills) and they have a bird sanctuary there, with loads of Peacocks, ducks, swans, oh, and a few deer too. Gorgeous place, lovely and peaceful, apart from the gobby peacocks that is! LOL.


I used backing papers from the cd to print off the card, and some extra bits for the flowers, which I made with my punches. I printed off the lovely peacock image, but didn't do any layering here, as it was rather fiddly. Instead I went to town with the coloured stickles and put dots on the tail feathers, and raised the whole thing on foam pads.


I got my Martha Stewart lacey punch out for the bottom of the card and made two layers there, topped with a lilac coloured organza ribbon. Not the best photos in the world, it was such a dismal day when I took them, so I had to fiddle with the exposure and contrast, but gave up in the end. You can see the stickles better on this closeup.

Righty then, off to finish up something for later. . .

5 comments:

Sally H said...

Wow! Wow! wow! This is stunning!

Babs said...

WoW Teri, this is absolutley beautiful, love the papers, and the image is just fab.
Babs x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow, this is beautifull. The peacock feathers are so fine and the flowers are gorgeous. This really is amazing. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Hope Jacare said...

Great card Teri - those flowers are fabulous, a really wonderful take on the sketch! x

Dragonlady said...

Mmmm think I have seen this somewhere???? Oh yes, the CD iI have just bought - this is great Teri and love the depth you have got.

Hugs Ali x