Thursday, 25 February 2010

Flowers Everywhere


I Wish. . .

Hiya folks!

How are you all today? Not too much white stuff where you are I hope. Snowed here most of the night, and still going right now. Forecast for most of the day and probably tonight also - we'll see - they often get it wrong for us just here in North East Scotland.

My card for this morning is very flowerful, wish I could see some right now. I was seeing snowdrops the other day, but they are all covered again now, poor things! I have used my Hydrangea image for this card, which you can purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. This was coloured with my watercolour pencils, and then layered with 3d foam pads.

I decided to try a monotone version with this one, but I did the leaves green - well, you can't have purple leaves can you?? Everything else is a purple/lilac colour. The layout is from a sketch at Friday Sketchers:


The papers I have used are my own design! Yes! I dabbled with making my own digital patterned paper using a small element of the Hydrangea flower repeated and flipped, then made into a tint. I also used it as a backing to the sentiment, which upon looking at it afterwards I think should have been dark instead of white. Ah well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.


I finished it off with a few mulberry paper Hydrangea petals which I got at my local craft shop. Don't remember the make - probably prima or somthing like that. Then I put some purple stickles on the edges of the petals of the flower, and the image too.

This also fits a couple of other challenges too:
Cute Daisy May - 'Flowers'
Crafty Creations - '3 Dimensional'
Creative Inspiration - 'Monotone'

Righty then, off to finish up some DT stuff now then. . . bye for now!

17 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Teri
wow hun this is beautiful,your colouring is fantastic, stunning creation, sue.x

Pinkllilac said...

Such a beautiful card with lovely detail Teri and the colouring is gorgeous.
Thank you for playing with us over at CDM this week.
Hugs Linda

mulberry station said...

Beautiful card Teri! I am empressed with you making your own background paper. How cool is that! Lavender is my favorite...your card is stunning!

pinky said...

Wow Teri your flower is absolutely stunning, just makes a beautiful card suitable for so many occasions. Thanks for playing along at CDM this week. Hugs
Pinky

*Vicki* said...

WOWZERS!! This is so gorgeous Teri!! Love the colors and popped up flowers!! :) HUGS

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
You really are on a roll with these flowery cards. This is a stunner. Lov ethe colours and layering.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

This card is gorgeous!! Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Kim said...

Stunning card! I love hydrangeas! This is so very beautiful! I love your dimesion, your coloring, and overall design! You rock, sweet friend!
I've left something for you in my blog, first post!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Mel X said...

This is gorgeous!! The large flower is totally stunning and so impressive how you made it - you're so clever.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw

Mel X

Micki said...

Oh it's simply stunning. You have such a way with your cards...absolutely beautiful.

hugs

Sally H said...

Wow! You did it again! I love the backing paper and the whole card is stunning!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow,wow,wow this is stunning that image is gorgeous thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at both CDM and Digital Tuesday
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Super sweet card for Mother's Day Teri...thanks for joining in the fun with us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Avril Ann said...

Teri this is superb, I love that Hydrangea, many thanks for sharing with us at CDM this week, Love Avril xxx

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is GORGEOUS! And its so creative too! I'm stunned. I love how you repeated the image 4 times in different depths and scales. You must be a computer whiz! I could never do this! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Lil Sis said...

Thanks for joining us at CDM with such a fabulous card - hope to see you next week

Beccy x

Jaime said...

Lovely as always teri!! Thanks for joining us at CCC once again!