Monday, 1 February 2010

Black and White Wedding

Hiya folks!

As promised a few posts ago, here I am with the sample Wedding Set I have been working on for my hubbies Boss and Secretary. It is they who are getting hitched, and they asked if I could do their Wedding stuff for them. So hubby and I decided (they don't know this yet) to do this for them as their Wedding Gift from us. That is, me making it all, and hubby will be paying for it!! LOL.

I have used standard white cardstock for all items, and have used a swirly image to the right. In the background I have used the same image but in a faint tint. I added black organza ribbon with a satin edge to it, and a lovely satin white bow with silky rose centre. This is all on a centre panel which is raised with foam pads.


There are place settings to match, but these won't be on raised panels, as she wants to write names on and that would squash the panel if she wrote on it - eeek! The RSVP is matching too, but no 3d ribbons etc, so the returnee doesn't have to pay extra postage!


Just so happens there are a few 'love' themed challenges out there, so I am entering this into some of them: Crafty Creations - 'celebrate', Bee Crafty - 'love/romance', Sophisticat - 'love', and Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday - 'open theme'.

All I have to do now is print off everything and get down to some serious cutting!! Better get on. . .

22 comments:

Clarky J said...

Wow how classy is that Teri and a really cool gift too!

PaperCrafty said...

Lovely invitations!! Love how elegant they look!!

Kathleen said...

Beautiful. A lot of work there. Kathleen x

Lauren Hatwell said...

These are SO classy. Lauren x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These are stunningly beautiful. Absolutely magnificent.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Elborgi said...

wow- thats so elegant!
Hugs
Elma

Clare said...

Wow, wow, wow Teri!!! absolutely stunning. One of my all time favourite colour combo. They look stunning & they will totally blow hubby's boss away. Well done hun. Hugs Clare xxx

Lynda said...

Wow Teri what stunning wedding stationery and a fabulous gift too!

Love Lynda xxx

Avril Ann said...

One word Teri, WOW, I know you said you were making Wedding Invites, these are utterly stunning, thank you so much for entering them into our challenge at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

gina g said...

OMG these are absolutely gorgeous very classy.
Thanks for joining the Sophisticats challenge this week. luv gina xx

Pinkllilac said...

Beautiful Teri, very sophisticated and very elegant, just beautiful.

Hugs Linda

Bee said...

Beautiful wedding stationery set, really elegant. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

Michelle said...

Beautifully class Teri, so elegant! I've got to come up with ideas for Liams invitations soon - help!!
x Michelle

Saskia said...

Gorgeous work... so elegant!

Thanks for celebrating with us on Crafty Creations!!

Saskia :)

Lesley said...

wow Teri..these are gorgeous.....so beautiful...luv n hugs Lesley xx

Sally H said...

Stunningly gorgeous! I love the black and white and that swirly bit is beautiful! Is it a stamp? If so who is it by?

Kim said...

OMG, I am trying to pick my mouth up from the floor. Teri, hun, this is the absolute most stunning thing I've ever seen! This set is exquisite! Oh, how I wish I had a wedding so you could shower me with such lovely gesture. Your hubby must be great friends with his boss. This is such a fantastic gift. You rock, sister!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our Celebration challenge at Crafty Creations - A wonderful Wedding set - stunning! Cheers Claire x

JanJay said...

Oh WOW! Absolutely stunning, so elegant, these are just wonderful!

Thanks so much for taking part in my challenge and joining us at Sophisticats this week

Jan xx

Mandy said...

Teri these are so beautiful and elegant hun, lovely striking colour combo.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
hugs Mandy xx

Rose said...

thanks for helping us celebrate this week on crafty creation with your Stunning set :)

Micki said...

OMG, girl..this is simply stunning! Love it. You know me, love love love black & white.

Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS :-)


PS: thank you for your comment... I know what you mean... I'm like that too. hugs