Monday, 22 February 2010

Beautiful Bird

Hiya folks!

Yet another gorgeous, sunny day here in North East Scotland, even if it is bl***y cold! At least it is dry. Thanks for visiting me here in my wee corner - glad you could make it! I do appreciate all my visitors you know, you make my day with all your lovely comments!

Right, mushy stuff over then - down to the card for the day, which features one of my new Doodles, a lovely Peacock Image. This is available for purchase now in my shop, Delicious Doodles. I have more images to load up later today, so keep your eyes peeled for those peeps!


I made this card to enter a new challenge I found last week - Truly Scrumptious. Their challenge is a sketch until next week, so plenty of time to enter! I turned the sketch to portrait for this card, as the Peacock image is too long for a landscape card.


I used some DP's from the new Polka Doodles cd, 'Back to Nature', and placed them onto a lovely Royal Blue cardstock from my local craft shop. This has a leather effect to it, so I smudged some metallic gold rub-on over it to bring out the texture.

The image is coloured with watercolour pencil, and layered for depth. The blue organza ribbon is from my stash.

This will also qualify (I hope) for Penny's Challenge this time, as they want to see 'Birthday's' for the challenge there. Although it doesn't actually say 'birthday' in so many words, just implies it with' Have a Beautiful Day', so I hope it will do for that.

OK - off now to assemble the images I need to upload, oh and do some boring paperwork - ugh!

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Yep it's very cold here as well.
Your card is awesome. I love the papers and the way you have layered it up and that Peacock is beautiful. You are so clever to produce such images.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Micki said...

oohhh this is beautiful. I am a little apprehensive coloring this type of image..might have to give it another go at it. :-)

PS Love your new silouette digis :-)

luv

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! This is so stunning!! Love the colors!! :)

Sally H said...

Stunning! I love it! All my favourite colours and such a wonderful image!

Kim said...

Frist, love your new doodles!

This is stunning, Terri! He looks as though he could raise his feathers and sturt away. Your coloring is supurb on this. Love everything about it! Thanks for entering it at Penny's this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Penny D. said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us this week!

chercroppin said...

Oh my oh my Teri, this is absolutely STUNNING!! That peacock is so awesome, beautiful coloring job, I just love everything about it!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you'll join us again next time! : )

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Teri. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x