Thursday, 28 January 2010

Valentine Roses

Yeah I know - they come like buses!

Yet another posting for me today - I've been a busy little bee this week. Got my DT cards done and ready, got a few challenge cards done and I also have a Wedding order on. Sorry kids - no tea! (joking!)

This card was a lovely project to make. I spent some pennies yesterday on a site named D.A.I.S.I.E. and bought a few digi-sets from them. I had a play with what I got, and this is the result!

The layout is from the lovely ladies at Midnight Madness - gorgeous sketches, and now you get to choose between a simple one and a more challenging one. I chose to use the latter. Well, that is what challenges are about aren't they??

This also fits a few other challenges, funnily enough! LOL. At A Spoon Full Of Sugar, the theme is 'Freestyle'. Anything goes - yeay! At Cute Daisy May the theme is 'Vintage' and at Cute Card Thursday the theme is 'Flowers'.

Like I said, the images and papers came from digi-sets at D.A.I.S.I.E., by Gina Jane. One is named 'Cottage Roses' and is a shabby vintage style, the other is named 'L'Amore', and is a lovely set of papers and images around the theme of Love. Fortunately for me both sets seem to match each other perfectly. I printed out all the elements onto ordinary card, and spent last night cutting all the little bits out ready for making up today.

Last thing I did after making it up and layering with loads of foam pads, was to add some stickles, some gold and some pink here and there. Then I put some silver metallic rub-on round the edges of the base card and the circle frame bit.

Right, I think that will do for today - LOL. Time to start printing all the Wedding Invites, RSVP's and Place Settings. Luckily for me, their theme is Black and White, so no colour matching to worry about - yeay! I like things to be simple. . . Might even show you when I'm done. . .

19 comments:

Shary said...

Really pretty card, the roses look lovely in 3D. Thanks for joining in with us this week.x

Phyllis said...

Teri, this is a delightfully charming card. You roses are AWESOME!! Gorgeous colors and so beautifully done!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
i love all the flowers on this card. It's beautifully layered and set out. Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Larisa said...

They are wonderful )) I love 3D cards. The roses are so cute and tender colored ))

Priscilla said...

Wow Teri, I think this is one of my favorites of yours..well I am not really sure, cuz you have so many wonderful card creations. I just love the roses and the fact that this card is purple..(my fav color) It is just so romantic and lovely..trilled you are sharing it with us today :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge and please check back tomorrow for our sneak peek ;)
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... this is SO GORGEOUS Teri!! Of course I love the purples!!

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!! I love the roses!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Teri - each week you bring something beautiful to the challenge, this is no exception! I love this gorgeous vintage delight! The roses are fabulous, your colouring and layering has brought them to life - just gorgeous. The stickles are perfect too! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see you here and look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}

Elborgi said...

wonderful card!
Elma

Valoudesbois said...

What a wonderful vintage card.

thanks for joining us at CDM challenge

Valou

Avril Ann said...

OMG another fab card Teri, I love these roses, so very pretty and I love how you have coloured them...have none off my DT cards finished yet, had 2 more falls this week, Brian is up and going to take me down to my shed, once I have caught up on the challengers....thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxx

ps loving the new look blog too..xxx

Carol said...

Teri your card is so elegant in graceful. You sure know how to use all those gorgeous roses to perfection. What an enchanting card!
Thank you for delighting us with your creativity this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We love to visit and view your work so we welcome you back again next week!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

KymKreates said...

very very pretty, roses springtime can not wait

PatR said...

Such a pretty card, just perfect to cheer us up on these cold wintery days.
Pat xx

Michelle said...

Beautiful Teri, those papers are just gorgeous and yet more perfection in the roses, the decoupage in fact the whole card.
x Michelle

pinky said...

Teri this is just lovely, great vintage feel to it. I love Daisy Company stuff too. Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
Pinky

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Such an elegant card!I love the colors and all the glitter!! Great take on this sketch! Thank you for playing with us at Midnight Madness this week.

Lil Sis said...

Thank you for joining in with my Vintage challenge on CDM this week, with such a lovely card. those flowers and papers are truky beautiful.
Beccy x

Lil Sis said...

Thank you for joining in with my Vintage challenge on CDM this week, with such a lovely card. those flowers and papers are truky beautiful.
Beccy x