Saturday, 16 January 2010

Touchy Feely Yummy

Hiya folks!

Sorry about the wierd title there, but I couldn't think what else to call this post!! I hope the weekend finds you all well and happy?? Our snow is disappearing fast now - yeay! I can see the garden again!!

My card for today is a bit different for me, as it has no images - not one!! Yet it was great fun to make and I enjoyed it. It is going into (hopefully) four challenges, starting with the layout, a sketch from Rosie Dee's. A very simple sketch, but I like 'em simple:



Bother! Just noticed there was supposed to be a sentiment under the image area! Never mind, I'm not changing it now - it will spoil the overall effet of the card!

At Haunted Design House the theme is 'Eerie Elegance' - this had me baffled for a while, but I kept it in the back of my mind as I worked through other challenges I could use it with.

Crafty Creations are wanting us to use 'Textures' this week, I hope I have used enough of them to qualify for that.

A new challenge named 'Raise The Bar' has a 'Debut' challenge, for us to use something which is new. I had a gorgeous new Shapeabilities die come in the post yesterday morning - the Fleur De Lys Pendant shape that I have been drooling over for ages. I finally found one on ebay from the USA, so I bought that. Couldn't wait to break open the package and use it!!

So, with all these challenges in mind I made this card:


I covered an A5 sized card base with some self-adhesive flock paper - gorgeous stuff, you just want to sit there and stroke it all day!! I wrapped some lovely wired ribbon round the left side. This is a really rich, dark green and is a sort of brushed velvet texture, with gold glitter pattern on it. On that I placed a recycled organza ribbon bow with gold metallic bit running through it.

THEN I got to play with the new die - yum! I cut out two large shapes, and two of the inner shapes using gold mirri card. Tell you what though folks, it was blummin' difficult to get the shape out of the die, anyone else have probs there?? Almost ruined it getting it out! It survived me tugging at it though, and I layered them using some foam pads for added dimension. Kind looks like a medallion now, but I like the overall effect - sort of Gothic looking - I do like a bit of Gothic sometimes!

30 comments:

Elborgi said...

fantastic! The card is a dream!
Elma

Dragonlady said...

This is gorgeous Teri, the flock paper sounds delicious.

Hugs Ali x

PS Got caught in a torrential downpour earlier whilst doing the Tesco shop. Soaked to the skin!!

Saskia said...

Hello Teri!

WOW!!! Gorgeous work!!!!! Great to see your work at Rosie-D's Challenge, Thanks!!

Saskia :)

Terry Oulboub said...

Teri, this is yummy - just magnificent as all can be! I love the ribbons and the paper even looks soft. The image --- WOWZERS! What a beauty! This is truly magnificent!

Sally H said...

Ooooh Teri! That's gorgeous! I had problems getting that die cut out too, particularly the bits. Let me know if you find a solution. I used my embossing tool to poke it out!

Annmaree said...

I think this is perfect, great title ;)

mulberry station said...

Wow, Teri! This card is goregous. Very striking!! Love everything about it!

Linda aka Oz said...

Oh my goodness, that flocked paper is rich and a textural garden of delight. That die makes an amazing medalion. the Oz

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful card Teri. Its got real WOW factor. The secret with the shapeabilities dies is to tap them lightly on the table top a few times (I tend to bang mine because I'm a bit of a bull in a china shop). They're metal so they won't break and your diecut should just pop out. Try it; it works. Lauren x

Lauren Hatwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

LOVE the title ;) and the card! Very elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Clare said...

wow! the flower is amazing!

Rose said...

WOW this is stunning!!
thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

Debby said...

JAW.DROPPING.GORGEOUS! And I love your drawings. I'm gonna purchase some. Hope the exchange rate doesn't kill me. Wowza!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

OH MY GOSH >>> This is STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for joining us at RAISE THE BAR!!!
Yes that particular die is VERY difficult to use ... I actually had to have mine replaced because not all point would cut through. Someone told me to use waxpaper between your paper & the die. I haven't done it yet but it's supposed to help release your cutout.

LINDA said...

Oh Teri , this really is an elegant card..Amazing work!! This would fit Creatalicious Challenge too..Very lovely!!!
Hugs, Linda

Mrs Weyremaster said...

OMGosh Teri, that is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, i love it, so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise the Bar.
Have a great week
Suzi
xxx

Kim said...

This card is GORGEOUS! Such a statement. Love the striking gold against that dark green.
Blessings,
Kim xXx
OMG, just goregous!!!!!

~*Joni said...

Oh how stunning Teri!! Oh my word, that Fleur De Lys shapeabilities is just perfect against that background. I bet this is a sensory delight with all of its beautiful elements! Thank you so much for debuting it for our Raise The Bar challenge this week. Your work is always so beautiful. ;)

Anita Hovey said...

OHHHHHH My...that's soooo elegant. I'm so glad you joined us at Raise the Bar this week. I've not yet opened that shapeability and, like you, drooled over the creations I'd seen for months. I have to get it open now.

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!! I love the rich gold!!

Jackie said...

Lovely........thanks for joing the RD challenge this week :)

Jaime said...

lovely make deary! Thanks for playing with CCC this week!

Saskia said...

Hi Teri,

Thanks for joining us on Crafty Creations with your beautiful work! Hope to see you back next time! :)

Saskia

brenda said...

Hi Teri

WOW, this is gorgeous and that die is beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's this week.

B x

Mervi said...

SOOO beautiful Teri, I've cried for this die too!!! And heard that the shape is very difficult to get out, but the work is all worth the pain, it's gorgeous! Thanks for using the Rosie D's sketch, see you soon again,-))m

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations - lovely card - great textures Teri! Cheers Claire x

Magda said...

Hi Teri,
Wow, fantastic card. Great colours.
Black+gold looks lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge.
Magda :)

Magda said...

Teri, textures are great!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Magda :)

Tracy said...

Stunning card, beautiful, thanks for joining Susie's sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x