Friday, 29 January 2010

St. David's Day Daffs

Hiya folks!

Hoorah - it's Friday! Not that it means much to me as I don't have a job besides raising the family, looking after the house and garden and other general 'home-maker' duties. Just means I get a small lie-in on Saturday and Sunday as there is no school - yeay!

So, how are things with you today? Glad you could drop by and spare me a few minutes of your precious time. I really do appreciate all your visits and the love you leave behind - means a lot to me you know. I don't get out much to speak to many folk other than the kids, or maybe the odd person who says hello in the village as I go to the post office. That's the trouble when you move somewhere new and there are no family or friends to help babysit - no social life! Well, I say 'new', we have been here for eight years now! Phew - where have those years gone??!!

Anyway, enough whining from me, and on to the card for today! This is a (hopefully) sunny and cheerful card that I have made for St. David's Day, on 1st March, which happens to fit a few challenges too - how convenient!

The layout follows the sketch at Papertake Weekly, which is a nice and simple one to follow:



At Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday the theme is 'Spring' - just in time with this one I hope. . .

Then at Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential the theme is 'sun' or yellow. Not sure if this will fit there really as I think they are after a monotone yellow, and I have greens here too. Well, no harm in trying eh?


The Daffodil image is my own, available for purchase at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I coloured this with the usual watercolour pemcils, and layered with foam pads. The papers are Tinker & Co, and the cardstock is a lovely pearlescent yellow one I found at my local craft shop in Elgin.

10 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a beautiful creation!! Love your flowers and your layout! Awesome take on the Saturday Spotlight Challenge. Thanks for joining us this week!

Dawn B. said...

This is really beautiful. I love the image. Your layout is perfect for this image. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

PatR said...

Love this card it reminds me that Spring is just around the corner. Well I hope it is anyway!.
Pat xx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the dimension you have achieved here and of course I can't wait to see these coming up in my garden! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! We do hope you'll come back again next challenge!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Gorgeous card. I love the spring feeling to it and how could anybody with the blog name I have object to Daffodils.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mueppi said...

Your card is so beautiful, hun!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Teri! I LOVE this! How gorgeous!!! Beautiful image too!
Hugs,
Lisa

LINDA said...

OH MY Teri!! This is just gorgeous.. Love the bright cheerful colors ..And the Image is just wonderful.. Colored perfectly!!
Hugs, Linda

Sally H said...

beautiful! Steve loved his card BTW. Thanks so much for the lovely duck pictures!

Micki said...

Hi there friend, I'm finally making my rounds. I was so glad to see you join again us this week at SSDS. Absolutely stunning and beautiful. You are still my queen of 3D and all things papercrafting :-).... stunning Teri!

luv ya