Wednesday, 6 January 2010

A Slice of Cake. . .

Hiya folks!

Just about recovered from yesterday's digging adventure, a few aches here and there. Hubby got home safely. He took the bus to work today - no chance of getting the car out today!

So it's Wednesday, time for another yummy sketch from Arlana at Sweet Sketch Wednesday:



We have a returning sponsor this week in the shape of Joni at Inktegrity - welcome back hun!


I chose this birthday cake slice image for my card today. This was coloured with watercolour pencils and layered a bit too. The papers are from a freebie site that I can't remember - ooops! Ought to write them all down really! I used some red deckled edge cardstock for the base. The ribbon is from my stash.

Don't forget we have a DT Call on at the moment too, so if you fancy a bash at being on a DT, then pop over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday for all the deets!! See you there!

14 comments:

Kim said...

Yummy card. Love this image and how you did the papers. your coloring is just perfect on this yummy slice of cake.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

mulberry station said...

Good morning Teri! Love your card this week. This would make a fun B-day card for a child. I really like your Seal card too...it is really cute. Thanks for your sweet comment. I appreciate everyones love and support.

Lisa T said...

Ooh, that ribbon is beautiful! I like how you pop-dotted the cake. Great card!

PaperCrafty said...

Great birthday card Teri!! Love how you used the candle image!! Great job with this weeks challenge!!

Rose said...

What a great card! Love the way your mounted the cake! Really nice!

Jeannie said...

Simple and sweet and the perfect card for anyone!
Great job!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jeannie said...

Simple and sweet and the perfect card for anyone!
Great job!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute Teri! I love how you popped it up!

Melissa Craig said...

This is a great birthday card. Everyone deserves a slice of cake for their birthday, why not the card!!

Arlana said...

Teri, Thanks for all you do for the blog. Your card is so adorable. Love that you poped the cake and your colors are just perfect.

fabricbutterfly said...

I love your "slice of cake" it is a wonderful card, with just a bit of manlyness that would be great to have around, thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

Donna said...

Cracking card Teri, I could just do with a scrummy slice of cake...perfectly matched papers too :) Donna x

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Teri, Wow, you are such a busy lady. I am always amazed at all the posts and projects you put together! Your card this week turned out wonderful. I like how you popped the slice of cake and candle. And the flame looks like it is on fire...great coloring! Have a great New Year!

~*Joni said...

Ahhh yes! TERI's adorable cake that I just love. heehee! Thanks for reminding me, that's what happens when I do a blog post when I first wake up. teehee! Absolutely yummy card, and I just became a loyal follower because I love your work!