Sunday, 24 January 2010

Sketchy, Sketchy


Hi all,

How are you doing this weekend - hope things are brighter where you are. STILL raining here in North East Scotland! Ah well, more crafting time for me then!

My card today is my offering for the DT at Winter Wonderland and today we have a lovely sketchy drawn by our very own Pascale - way to go hun!!



This week also sees the debut of two new DT sisters, I do hope you will pay the a visit to welcome them on board! Now for some news:

*** Mark your calendars for 31st January ***

We are having our very first Blog Hop at Winter Wonderland, to say a big Thank You to everyone for supporting us last year, with some scrummy prizes up for grabs!! We'd love you to come join us!

Now, on to my card. I used one of my own images here, Santa with Gift, coloured with watercolour pencils. He is available for purchase at Delicious Doodles, my Blog Shop.


The papers are from Tinker & Co, the sentiment is computer generated. The flower is my own Poinsettia image printed out several times, coloured with watercolour pencils and scored in the centre of each petal to get the 3D effect. The holly leaves are punched shapes using spare bits from my bits box.

I cut the oval shape with one of my oval nesties and inked the edges. Santa was done twice so I could layer him a bit. He is quite small here, so I didn't do too much layering. Last thing to add was the wee gold peel-off corner. Must invest in some decent corner shape dies!!

So, now you get to play with Pascale's sketchy. We'd love to see what you guys come up with! Head over to Winter Wonderland for some more yummy inspiration from my DT sisters there. And don't forget to join us next week for the Blog Hop!

14 comments:

Sally H said...

Beautiful. I love the layering of the poinsettia and how you have done the lace x

Pascale said...

Hi I love your card Teri the poinsetta is the perfect finishing touch and I love your take on the sketch. Hugs Pascale

Teri said...

Another amazing card Teri! The flower is stunning! I'm loving the papers too ... and your cute santa :o) xxx

Lynda said...

This is just fabulous Teri - a perfect take on the sketch this week. Love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Kim said...

You sure rocked the sketch. I love that poinsetia and of course, your Santa is perfect! I love the overall design and your colors.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kim said...

You sure rocked the sketch. I love that poinsetia and of course, your Santa is perfect! I love the overall design and your colors.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Love the new look too!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is one gorgeous card. Bright,cheerie and a fantastic image. Your take on the sketch is brilliant. I love it.
Rain here too, but better than the white stuff.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a beautiful card and your Poinsettia is absolutely stunning. Gorgeous. Lauren x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Teri!!

Saskia :)

joey said...

Gorgeous card Teri, that flower looks absolutely stunning. Joey.x

Danielle said...

Love this card Teri! The Santa is adorable and the pointsettia and holly is gorgeous! Wonderful work!
Hugs, Danielle

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Teri lovely papers, that flowers is stunning, luv it, sue,x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a pretty card!! Love your take on that sketch Teri!! HUGS

KymKreates said...

your card is marvy. I should be doing my Christmas cards now instead of waiting till the last minute!