Friday, 15 January 2010

Roll On The Spring!

Hiya folks!

How are we all today? Coping with all this winter gloom and white stuff?? Don't know about you all but I can't wait for the spring to arrive, with all the lovely new flowers and birdies singing away - aaahhhh. . .

So, I have made a spring card, well, it feels springish to me anyway - lol. I have made it for four challenges today, so here goes.

First up, the layout, which is from a sketch by the lovely ladies at Midnight Madness:



At Simon Says Stamp, they are wanting Shabby Chic. The papers I have used here are by Tinker & Co, and are from a set named 'Shabby Milly' - just the job! I have added ink round the edges of the card base, hardly noticeable here due to the cruddy light here is NE Scotland today. They have a DT Call on at the moment too!!



Cute Daisy May wants to see ribbon and flowers, I think I have the flower angle covered - lol. The image is one of my new designs, of a Crocus. This is available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I hope the ribbon is OK for it though. The pink ribbon on the left is recycled from a card I recieved a few months ago, and the flower on the right is made from some Lace ribbon. (I would provide the link to Cute Daisy May, but it isn't working today!!???)

This brings me to the last challenge, at Charisma Cards, to use 'Something New'. The image is one of my new designs, mentioned above. I haven't had the car to go buy something new since before Christmas, so I thought I would try a new technique too. I saw a lace flower like this on a shop site somewhere on ebay, and thought - I can make that! And this is the result of my experimenting:



I got me a strip of lace and threaded cotton down the length of it a few millimetres from the edge, then I pulled the thread until the lace was all ruffled up. Then it was a case of sewing up the two edges to complete the circle, and pushing the inner edges through to the middle of the flower shape. Last thing I did here was to add some ink to it, a bit of pink round the outside, and some orangey-yellow for the centre.

What do you think - shall I bother with any more of these, or scrap the idea?? Might need a bit more experimenting me thinks . . .

22 comments:

Michelle said...

Utterly beautiful Teri
was thinkin.... you are so brilliant on the computer and can create such amazing
artwork, why not make a complete collection and sell it on a cd in your shop.
CD's are so big at the mo.
x Michelle

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Wow this is beautiful. I love the flowers and the layering but your handmade lace flower is the creme de la creme. for me. Stunning.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Phyllis said...

Teri, what a gorgeous Crocus!! Lovely flower made with lace too!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is so gorgeous!! I love your creative lacy flower!! Brilliant idea!! HUGS

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

GORGEOUS creation Teri ... LOVE that lace flower and of course YOUR beautiful digi flower & it's dimension! GREAT job my friend!

Crafty Katy said...

Beautiful Card! I love the lace flower!

Carol said...

Teri, this is exquisite. Makes me sit here and dream of spring with the flowers blooming and the birds singing. So pretty with the perfect colors and that pretty lace flower. Thanks for joining us this week in our Sketch Challenge at Midnight Madness. It's great to see your work and visit your blog.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Priscilla said...

Hi Teri, First, I am very impressed with your flower..I think you should make more and in different sizes..I tutorial I feel is needed for us none sewers.. I have not worked much with lace, but have a whole drawer full of it. You have inspired me to open up that dusty drawer and have a little fun. Thank you. Also, your layered flower image is remarkable :) As always, thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week and be sure to swing back by for a sneak peek at next weeks sketch.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sally H said...

stunning card, Teri! I love the crocus and the lace flower is beautiful too

Tasha said...

Beautiful card, i love the colours and the fab lace flower
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

KymKreates said...

The flower from lace is so pretty! The card makes me think spring too. I adore it!
Kym

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - I am so glad you agave us a Sneak Peek at this gorgeous image - your work is amazing!.. I love the layering and your fabulous colouring OF COURSE!! Your lace flower is amazing too! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, don't forget to check back on Friday for the Sneak Peek of next weeks challenge - we would love to see you play again next week - you know we love your cards!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Kim said...

Oh, how I am ready for spring too! Our snow is just about all melted. Yay! I love this beautiful spring card and your crocus is gorgeous. Love the lace flower treatment!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Davi said...

This is beautiful. Love the flower and the dimension by raising it !!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! I just love the flowers and that crocheted flower is gorgeous!! Great dimension! Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I'm with you, Welcome Spring. Your card loves Spring also. Very pretty digi image, and a very creative lace flower and tinted edges. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness, happy to have you.

Jane MMSC DT

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Allison said...

so pretty
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Grace said...

Oh my goodness.... this is incredible! I love this card! Love all the dimension you created!!! Love this one... definitley one of my favorites this week! Thanks for playing along on the MMSC!

Timcsoca said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful the lace flower, the colours and the image!

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Teri, I think your crocus card is just beautiful! Gorgeous coloring, dp and the added ribbon and lace flower fit just perfectly! Really makes me think of Spring, which I'm sure many peeps are so looking forward to! Beautiful card throughout!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT