Monday, 11 January 2010

The North Wind Doth Blow

Hiya folks!

Hope you all had a craftalicious weekend! My aches and pains are on the mend now after all the snow shovelling on Friday/Saturday. Thanks to all for you good wishes! I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all who have joined my followers list - I'm nearly at 150 now - fabulous people you all are!!

Now, onto my card for the day. I was invited a few weeks back to be a Guest DT over at The Sophisticats, and of course I couldn't resist!! As part of the GDT spot I had to choose the theme, and following all this white stuff over Christmas, and feeling sorry for all the little critters that have to survive it, I decided on a snowy theme, 'The North Wind Doth Blow'. So I thought I would base my card on this rhyme:

'The North Wind doth blow, and we shall have snow,
And what will the Robin do then, poor thing?
He'll hide in a barn to keep himself warm,
And hide his head under his wing, poor thing.'


But, you can interpret it however you like, it's up to you really! To see what the rest of the lovely DT at Sophisticats have come up with, just click on the link. The winner will get to choose 2 x Digi Sentiment Stamp sheets from Allissa's Etsy store (** excludes the round and ticket style personalised sheets **)


For my card, I used some blue cardstock from the local craft store, on which I smeared some metallic silver rub-on around the edges. The backing papers are from Tinker & Co. The image is my own design, a Robin, available at my blog shop Delicious Doodles, which I coloured with my watercolour pencils, and then layered with foam pads. The red card is from the stash. I finished off with some snow writer on the branch and berries.

Right, off now to load up some new doodles, including the Robin seen here!

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow Teri, this is absolutely beautiful. I do love robins. Lauren x

Doreenobrn said...

An absolutely fabulous card xxx

Elaine Maffessoni Machado said...

Teri, I loved it! And the colors... perfect!
xoxo

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This card is beautiful. What a sweet robin and the colours are bright and cheerful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Teri!! Love the colors!! Great job!!

Karin said...

Wow! What fabulous details this card has! Love the snow on the branch and the birdie looks so real! Great job on layering the background too!

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! What a cute bird. I love the snow on the branch. Adorable!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! This is so stunning!! What gorgeous details and layering!! HUGS

Sally H said...

stunning Teri! I am definitely going to have to buy him! He reminds me of the photo I took of a robin on this post. I'm busy colouring a mandarin duck at the moment!

Kim said...

Congrats on your guest DT spot, hun! Guess what, I'm getting more snow tonight! I'm sick of it too!
Love your Doodle. Your snow on the branch is the absolute perfect touch.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PatR said...

Great tag Teri, you are so clever!
Pat xx