Friday, 22 January 2010

Little Love U Bug

Hiya folks!

Almost the weekend - how y'all coping?? Glad you could make it to my little space in cyberworld.

My card today has been made with four challenges in mind, so I'll get straight down to it. First up is the layout, and I followed a sketch from Digital Tuesday for this one. Lovely and simple this sketch, right up my street!! Don't forget you need a digi-image for this challenge, no problem for me, as I design my own!

Next up is the colour which is the challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week, 'RED'. I know, I know, there is black, white and a bit of yellow in mine, but I needed something to contrast with the red!! Black and Red are one of my many favourite colour combo's (the list keeps on growing), which brings me onto the challenge at Bee Crafty this week: 'Favourite Colour Combo's', plus a digi-image required.



Last but not least is the challenge at Crafty Creations, whose theme this week is 'Valentine or Love'. My little Ladybird just fits the bill there. The image is named 'LoveUBug' and is available for purchase in my blog shop, Delicious Doodles.

I printed it out a few times, then coloured with watercolour pencils and layered with foam pads. The spotty background (Funky Hand - Salt and Pepper) is printed onto red cardstock, as was the border (MyGrafico - Art Deco Borders) across the centre. The heart paper on the left (MyGrafico - Valentine Damask Overlays) is printed in red on white card, and I have added some ink round the edges. The three black brads are from the stash, and the sentiment is computer generated.

OK then, lunchtime is approaching, and I need to do some dreaded HW - ta-ta for now folks!

23 comments:

Rosis Stöberseite said...

…your card is beautiful , such a sweet image and
lovely colours.

Hugs
Rosi

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
I love this card. the bug is so cute and the reds and black go together so well. The papers are fab. Brilliant. Don't overdo the housework!!!
Hugs,
Fiona x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card Teri, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Saskia said...

Hi Teri!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your LOVELY work!

Saskia :)

mulberry station said...

Love the red and black...perfect for this little lady bug. Darling card Teri!

Annmaree said...

I ADORE That ladybug!!!

Eiglas said...

Hi Teri!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T again - it's so lovely to see regulars!
Lovely cute card and it's definitely red! LOL!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

sugar n spice said...

Hi Terry, wow! this is adorable and really dramatic looking, I love that image and your choice of papers. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Lynda said...

Absolutely love this Teri - another very cute image!

Love Lynda xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How cute is this. I just love it, so bright and funky. Marianne x

Stampin Mindy said...

THis is darling, love the papers.

joey said...

Teri this is gorgeous, what a cute little ladybug :O) Joey.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this so much it is such fun that image and your colours are just great thank you so much for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

Lovely work, hun! That bug is so cute!

Elborgi said...

such nice image!
Elma

Kim said...

Oh, how I love this card! Your love bug is the cutest!!!! Love the papers and your border. I adore ladybugs and you colored this one up just right!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

KymKreates said...

love the ladybug!!!

Rose said...

this is too stinken CUTE!!!
thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

Stacy said...

This card is just adorable! It is so bright and fun!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our Love/Valentine Challenge at Crafty Creations! Fab image Teri! Cheers Claire x

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, I love your ladybird! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck!

Rose x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our Red challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Fab project! Cheers Claire x

Bee said...

Fantastic card and perfect colour choice for your great love bug image. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)