Thursday, 21 January 2010

Little Geisha Girl

Hiya folks!

I do hope things are fine with you all today. I am feeling sooo much better than a couple of days ago, thank you all for your good wishes and kind words. I am putting the whole episode down to the IBS that I have the displeasure of knowing. I blame my parents, they both have it now, although only recently discovered they have it. Just like parents to pass on these things as well as their genes eh?? LOL

So, my card today is a bit later than I would have liked, as I had a 'Needs Assessment Meeting' this morning. Myself and a few others are currently forming an Allotment Society where we live, and muggins here was elected Secretary - ugh! Don't know a thing about that line of work, so it's interesting to say the least! Another meeting tonight - this time for the Committee. Constitutions to draw and sign, technical blurb etc, etc. Who would have though you would need all that s**t just to dig!! - whatever!

On to better things then, (I hope) my card today was made following the layout at Midnight Madness. Bit different there today, as they have thrown in a simpler version of the same sketch for those who do simple, and they also have a sneak peak of the new sketch on a Friday now too. This is the one that is not simplified:


I am entering this into A Spoon Full Of Sugar, as they want to see loads of 'Layering'. It is also going into The Get Funky Challenge, which this month is to include 'Spots and Stripes'.


I was lucky enough to be their winner last month - yeay me! And with the winnings I bought their new disc 'Dreams Come True'. Some gorgeous backing papers, and some new digi-images too, and editable word books!! How cool is that then?

So I have used some of those new papers here on this card. The image is my own Geisha Girl, available for purchase in my blog shop Delicious Doodles. I coloured this one by scanning in some japanese paper, and dropping it behind the image for the dress. I did the same thing for the fan by scanning in a small design from somewhere.

Then I had to delete all the bits round the outside of the image before dropping in the head and hands. Lots of fiddly stuff there, but worth it in the end! I then printed out a few times and layered with the usual foam pads. Just to finish it off, I put a fan in the corner, which also complies with the sketch. The strip at the bottom is in fact paper not ribbon, taken from the same piece as behind the image.

Right then. Might try a cup of coffee now then. Tummy still isn't back to 100 per cent normality, but it's getting there!!

26 comments:

Carol said...

Awww Teri this is awfully sweet and adorable. I love this Geisha girl with her pretty kimono and the fans you used as embellishments. Such artistry!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to join us at Midnight Madness this week. I hope I see you playing again soon - as it is always a treat for me to visit and see your work!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :0}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Phyllis said...

Teri, this little Geisha is just precious and sweet!! Very pretty kimono and I love your fans for embellishments!! Great papers!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Lythan said...

Wow I am in awe of your digi skills Teri. Your Geisha card is AMAZING. Thanks for Getting Funky this month:)

AnGelCaKe said...

WOW Fantastic card =)

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!! Fabulous job with the paper piecing!! Love it!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Stunning card Teri. Love it. Lx

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, I love your papers and layout!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

So glad you are feeling better today, lucky you to have IBS ~ seems like everyone has something! I love your Geisha girl, very colorful and nicely done. So glad you were able to join us at Midnight Madness, hope you will continue to play.

Jane MMSC DT

Pinkllilac said...

Gorgeous card Teri and the colours are beautiful love those papers.
Hugs Linda

Sally H said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your little geisha is gorgeous x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi teri,
Sorry I'm so late today but I've had computer problems. This card is lovely. I like the oriental theme.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so amazing Teri! Perfect for this week's MM layout!! Your Geisha girl is awesome and I LOVE the fan!! PERFECT!! Glad to hear you're feeling better!! HUGS to ya!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Teri, Aaaaah! This one is TOO CUTE! Love the Geisha's shiny hair too! Those paper backgrounds are delicious, the fan and her dress. You have done stunning work with those images. Awesome work this week, thanks for showing us this gem. xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

mulberry station said...

So glad you are feeling better! Your card is so cute. I love the little Geisha girl. Beautiful work, as always.

Lovely Linda said...

HI Teri - I hope you are feeling better - I think it is best to blame our parents for everything! LOL! I love this card - the Geisha Girl is adorable and you have used the perfect embellishments and DP - your cards are 'works of art' Teri - just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with the MMSC this week - we love to see your work and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Elborgi said...

such a nice card!

hugs Elma

KymKreates said...

This card is to die for. Everything about it is stunning!

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

OMG! Teri this card is amazing. That gorgeous image and the embellishments have created such a devine card, thanks for the inspiration.

Glad you are feeling better!

Annmaree said...

Geisha girl is gorgeous, so well done!

Kath said...

beautiful card teri and love how you used the spots and stripes and wow such a gorgeous geisha girl...thanks for joining in the fun this month with the Get Funky Gang...hugs kath xxxx

Priscilla said...

Hi Teri, So glad you are feeling better. I must try your trick of the scanning in the printed paper on the digi..Very interesting. I am trying to learn all the stuff :) I started a new blog here..
http://priscillastylesaftermidnight.blogspot.com
Maybe you could teach me a few things..I would love for you to follow along on my newest journey :)
Thanks so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. You rocked the sketch.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Jules said...

Hi Teri

Your card is gorgeous.

Such a great choice of papers and a lovely well coloured image.

Congratulations on being last month's winner .. .. I hope you are enjoying the new CD as much as I am!!

Thank you for playing along with the Get Funky! challenge again this month.

Love Jules xx

Allison said...

oooh that's such a pretty card
Thanks for joining us at Get Funky this month
AllisonX

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

H how beautiful Teri!! Love your image, your coloring, your choices of dp and the fan!! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Teri, so glad you are feeling better...it's never good when you are feeling sick is it! Your little Geisha girl is just gorgeous!Love those colors. The dp is so pretty and a perfect match to the kimono and fans...absolutely stunning!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Tip Top said...

Just wonderful! The new cd is fantastic and I do like your colour combo and the image is amazing!! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!