Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Last of The Snowflakes!

Hiya folks,

Here is the project I was on about this morning, featuring my own design of Snowflake image - hopefully the last one I'll see this winter!! Soooo fed up with ours now. . . At least this one is a different colour than white!! I coloured it in my graphics package so it printed out flat and not streaky like it would have been if I had used my pencils.



For this card I followed the sketch at The Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge - I do love a good sketch - takes the thought out of planning a card - lazy me huh? I did however twist it round on it's side - hope you don't mind ladies?


I used the colour theme from the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week, which is 'Pink, Brown, Cream and Toffee'. You can hardly tell, but there is cream here, honest!! It is in the background paper and behind the snowflake inside the oval frame, and the feather.

I had hoped to have this done in time for last week's Pink Elephant Challenge, but missed it by a mile! Only finished it last night, honestly, I don't know where the days go to . . . Luckily for me though, their new challenge is 'Birthday' - yeay - so I get to use it after all.

The DP's are from Raspberry Road Designs - Mocha Love - which brings me on to the last challenge I am entering it for, which is Simon Says Stamp. Their theme is 'Hot Chocolate' - hope I'm in time for that one!! They have a DT Call on now too, so I am trying my luck there with this card. Can't wait to play with the lovely flowers I recieved from my winnings the other week. Recieved them this morning, which was pretty quick from the US to here in Scotland.

The buttons by the way are fake - the image is part of the set from Raspberry Road, along with the flowers on the snowflake. I added some gems to the flake for some bling, and a lovely creamy feather behind the sentiment just to finish it off.

Right, off to enter it now before the challenges close!!

23 comments:

Trudi said...

Wow Teri, your card is amazing! I love those snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

TannyP said...

Beautiful work, Teri! Love that snowflake. I'm with you - done with them for the year =)

PaperCrafty said...

Lovely card Teri!! I love all the detail!! We love seeing your creations over at The Pink Elephant!!

Hugs~
Sheri

{Jane} said...

Lovely

thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Speechless!! This is stunning!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Absolutely beautiful. Lauren x

LINDA said...

OH Teri, This is simply stunning!! Love the colors and the design.. And that snowflake is just awesome!!!Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Stampin Mindy said...

Oh WOW! I really love this that snowflake is beautiful I love the little flower in the center and I love how it's a pink card. Amazing work!!!!

Cathy said...

Stunning card. I love that snowflake and what a fab take on the sketch.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Sally H said...

Wow! absolutely stunning

Kim said...

I'd much rather have your snowflakes than the ones we're still getting. I'm right there with ya!

Your card is gorgeous! Love your layers, colors and your flower in the middle. You can enter it in Practical Scrappers this week, our challenge is bling!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Manunamoral said...

Perfeito como sempre.

Sumemooooo.

Bjotas Sonoras.

Christine said...

Gorgeous card love the snow flake great take on the sketch..thanks for joining us at SCSC.

Hugs Christine xx

Dragonlady said...

This is fantastic Teri. Your design is super and I love the colours.

Hugs Ali x

Annmaree said...

I absolutely love that card, just stunning!

Mel X said...

WOW, that is an amazing snowflake, I love it! Great colours and a fabulous take on the sketch.

Thanks for joining us over on SCSC this week and good luck in the draw

Mel X

Annette said...

Stunning, the snowflake is just fantastic! Take CareX:)

joey said...

OH MY GOSH Teri hun this is just AMazing!!!!!!!! gorgeous card that snowflake is stunning. Joey.x

Sally said...

Stunning card. I wouldn't have known it was a snowflake if you hadn't stated so. I thought it was a medallion. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... now THAT's a snowflake!! Absolutely gorgeous creation!!

Kelly said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that card!

debby4000 said...

WOW this is gorgeous, stunning snowflake and beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Donna aka Lil Diva said...

Oh wow i love the Pink..It is my fav colour..Feel free to visit our challenge blog http://digital-inkcochallenge.blogspot.com/
Im now following your blog xDonna x