Thursday, 7 January 2010

I Love You!

Hi again!

Yes I Do! I love you all! You are such a kind bunch of people with your lovely encouraging comments. I'm so glad I decided to join blogland eight months ago - blimey - eight months, where does time go to?? I wanted also to thank everyone who has been so kind as to become a follower of this wee blog. You may have noticed that I now have over 100 lovely and much appreciated followers - thanks everyone!!!

Right, onto my card for the day, which is a Valentine's Card featuring a couple of my newest designs from Delicious Doodles.

The layout is from a sketch at Midnight Madness:



The theme is Love or Valentine with Hearts and fits into a few challenges:

Cute Daisy May - Love

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Hearts

Digitial Tuesday - Valentine


I used pearlescent red cardstock for the base and some lovely damask style papers from Cupcake Designs plus some black card to layer with.



The heart image at the bottom is my own and is blank, so you can add your own text to it. I have raised this with foam pads and added gold stickles for a bit of bling.



The main image of the Rosebud is also mine, and is raised from the card with foam pads, and I have also layered the petal part for more dimension. I coloured my images with watercolour pencils. Ribbon is from the stash. I haven't added the Rosebud design to the shop just yet, but I will in due course, just as soon as I finish up the rest of the doodles I am working on!


Now for a quick update on the white stuff!! STILL no snow plough! And the dustbin collection is due today - they haven't been since Christmas, so the rubbish is piling up! The path was kind of gritted yesterday, not so as you'd notice, and we had more snow last night. Here are a couple of views out the front of the house.





You can just about see the rutt I couldn't get the car out of the other day. Now the car is totally stuck after last night's snow. It might look like only an inch or two, but the car is actually parked ON TOP of four inches of solid ice!! That rutt is now a good 10 inches or so deep!! Hubby has resorted to the Bus for work. Luckily they do keep the main A96 clear, and it's only a short walk from here to there. I say walk, more like a slip and slide!

Here is a view out the back of the house:

You can see how much we have had in the last day or two by looking at the top of the shed. Hubby measured it last night, and it was 12 inches deep, that's after it melted a bit several days ago. Poor birdies - I feel for them having to stay out in the sub-zero temperatures all day and night. I had to dig to find the water bowl I keep topped up for them to drink from. That sledge is sitting on top of about three inches of ice, and is probably frozen to the spot by now!

Sorry to seem as if I am whingeing on about having a bit of snow, but frankly, unlike some parts of the world we aren't used to this much just here. And it usually melts in a couple of days, but this has stayed since before Christmas, and our Councils are running out of grit (rock salt for those who don't know) Feeble isn't it? Ah well, just means I get to do more crafting!!

19 comments:

Carol said...

Teri what a sensational card you have created. I love how you framed your main image and you little heart sentiment. The rose is spectacular. A superb job with the sketch this week. Thanks for sharing pictures of your snow. Stay in and enjoy yourself crafting!!!! Thanks for giving the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge a whirl this week. Have a Very Happy Creative New Year!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Kim said...

Teri, this card is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. I just want to hold the rose and get a whif of the amazing fragrance. you have such a gift of creating! I want you to teach me to use watercolors. Yours are perfect!!!!
I hope you are staying warm and hopefully you'll get to dig out soon. Hugs...
Blessings,
Kim xXx

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card Teri!! I love the rose!! Hope you are staying warm and able to dig yourselves out soon!!

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful card. Thats such a gorgeous rose!

Priscilla said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the rich colors and your staging and photograph are fantastic. Thanks for sharing the snow with me. I live in So.California, so I don't get to see too much of it..LOL
Thanks you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri

Stunning card and love all your images. The framing effect with the DPs is great.

Yep bins were left in our road even though it was accessible. We are even less prepared for snow in Devon. Schools closed for two days so far.

Hugs Ali x

Lil Sis said...

gorgeous card Teri love the rose but that heart is definetely the piece de resistance itsbeautiful thanks for playing alongwith CDM this week havea great new year Beccy x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!! Teri, this is just stunning!! What a really gorgeous design, image and fab details!! Great take on the sketch!! HUGS

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Hi Teri! Your card is so pretty! That heart is gorgeous! Your photo background and staging is fantastic. Thank you for playing with us again this week! Hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMDT

LINDA said...

Stunning card.. Every thing goes so well together.. Love it..Great photos too..We have alot of snow here.. I hate going out and driving in it..I must say I wish spring would get here!!
Hugs, Linda

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Teri - every week I eagerly wait for your card to come up and love it every time - this one is no exception! I love your rose and your heart - they are fabulous! That rose just jumps off the page - gorgeous! This is definitely a favourite with me! Thanks for playng along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your work. We look forward to seeing you again next week!!
Linda MMSC Design Team

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Thanks for your care over the last few days - it means a lot and is much appreciated.
This card is astonishing - really beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Avril Ann said...

Loving you tooooooooooo Teri, and loving these images, a brilliant card as always...nice pictures, be nice as sketches for next Xmas, or Calanders.....mmmm, thanks for joining us at CDM this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

pinky said...

Lovely card, so very romantic and your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CDM. Hugs
Pinky

Scrappymax said...

My, this is absolutely stunning and your rosebud image is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at CDM.
Max x

coldwaters2 said...

These are stunning Teri the images and your designs are quite beautiful thank you so much for sharing these with us at CDM and Digital Tuesday

Hugs
Lorraine x

Grace said...

Wow! This is truly amazing! It is gorgeous! I love your images!!! Beautiful papers and details! Hope you get dug out soon! Thanks for playing along on the MMSC!

Leah the Orange said...

LOVELY card, Teri! amazing details, and so very elegant!

that snow, however, NOT A BIG FAN! i don't miss that part of living in Canada at ALL! we had SO much of it, and we get practically none here. :)

Valoudesbois said...

How this card is fabulous, what a job for the flower !!!!

Thanks for joining us at CDM