Tuesday, 26 January 2010

How Puzzling

Hi folks,

Welcome to my little world here on blogland. Hope you are all well today. Looks like my day is to be filled with fun (NOT). Both of my girls are off school today, one with the start of a head cold - sore throat, earache, headache, feeling bleaugh. The other one is full of aches and pains, feels a bit hot, and is still asleep!! Oh the joys. . .

So, while they are still quiet, I am jumping on here to do my Tuesday Tagger DT post. This week was a huge challenge for me, I just didn't know where to start with this one. Our theme was to use 'jigsaws' somewhere on the project. EEEeekk! All my jigsaw pieces are still in their sets, and the kids would kill me if I went and stole a few bits, but luckily one of my fabby team-mates, Avril Ann, sent me a few spare bits from a puzzle she had. Thank you hun!! I owe you one. Thing is, these bits were really rather large, so I was still a bit lost on the mojo front.

(Just realised, I can enter this into the challenge at Raise The Bar, as they want to see things that have been 'gifted' to us - I think this puzzle piece qualifies for that!)

When I was laying in bed one night trying to will myself to sleep, I had a flash of inspiration. Not a huge one mind, but enough to get the job done, and this is what I came up with:


I cut some of the round bits off the puzzle piece and made it into a corner piece, and covered it all over with daubs of ink. Then I got a heart shape and put that on it, and carried on daubing with various colours, red, orange, darker red, until I had that heart shape in relief. I spotted some dimension paint in gold around the edge of that little heart, and then did the same round the whole piece in red and waited for it to dry.

Whilst I waited I made the card by printing out the words on a pale tinted background, on top of a patterned paper. I came up with that quote myself - not sure if anyone else had 'coined it' before me, so apologies if anyone has already.

Last thing to do once dry, was to put the puzzle piece on the card and dot a few embellies on. Must say I am pretty pleased with the outcome - but it did give me a few headaches to start with. Glad that one is over!! You must nip across to Tuesday Taggers and see what the rest of my DT sisters have created - WOW, such a variety!

Oh, and don't forget our DT Call.

You have until 1st February to get in touch with us using the Tuesday Taggers email on the blog
Good luck folks!!

13 comments:

Clarky J said...

This is what I love about our fantastic team Terri - we never give in! I adore this card, think your quote is fab and want to say a huge thanks for being part of our team - we def rock!

Avril Ann said...

Oh Teri, you were more than welcome, but I am getting worried, about our minds.....LOL...I too was lying in bed last night and thought, I know, I can made a fridge magnet, my excuse is my Hubby was on Night Shift, what is yours....LOL....much love Avril xxxx

Clare said...

Absolutely beautiful Teri. No one would ever have known that you had struggled with the challenge!!! the quote is lovely too, you are very talented. Hugs, Clare xxx

Rose said...

Your card is beautiful Teri! I love that quote! I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

♥Liz Weber♥ said...

Wowzers Teri this is just gorgeous and that jigsaw piece works beautifully. Fab work on the inking and design!

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!! I love the puzzle piece!! Fabulous job!!

PatR said...

Fabulous Teri, I love the verse and what you've done to the jigsaw piece. Well done mate!
Pat xx

Dragonlady said...

Teri this is fabulous, very inventive and very inspirational. Your quote is perfect too.

Hugs Ali x

Sally H said...

I love it, Teri! I will have to do some digging through stash cos I know I have some somewhere!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

MY STARS GIRL ... do your talents never end!! LOL!! Not only are you a truly gifted artist ... but now you're a poet! WOWZA!! This is just fantastic my friend!! Absolutely fantastic!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar. Can't wait to see what you come up with next week! Well done!!!!

Jeannie said...

Luv this girlie!!!

Jeannie

Kim said...

Love this! It is beautiful and love that puzzle piece! I do hope the girls are feeling better!
Blessings,
Kim xXX

Michelle said...

Teri this is just fantastic. Perfect backing, wonderful sentiment and wow that jigsaw is fabulous. You've done us proud!
x Michelle