Saturday, 23 January 2010

Here Puss. . . !

Hiya Folks.

Hope your Saturday is less wet and dreary than our is here in North East Scotland. Doesn't fill you with inspiration waking up to the sight and sound of steady rain that isn't going anywhere all day! BUT we must plough on. . .

This card today was made for a couple of challenges. I have just finished drawing up this image and needed a layout to showcase it, and one just happened to turn up at Friday Sketchers this week:


The Tiger is a new sketch image literally finished on Friday, so I need to load it up on my blog shop Delicious Doodles. I will do it very soon, as I am finishing another image this weekend and want to put them on together. I printed this one out on some thick glossy card for extra definition, would have been too fuzzy on my regular cardstock.


The background is actually from a Zebra stripe pattern, which I erased some of in photoshop to give a graduated feel in the centre. The two stripey blocks behind the image are actual Tiger stripe patterns that I printed in black and white rather than colour. I have inked round the edges of these, and the cardstock.

The flowers are made using extra stripey patterned card and silver mirri card, and I used my punches to cut them out. This fits into the challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week, which is to 'Use Punches'.

You know what? I have just realised that I forgot to put in the four corner bits and the dots on the oval from the sketch!! DOH! Ah, well. I'm not changing it now - can't be bothered to take more photos, the light is so pathetic here today. I have had the light on in the room all day so far, hate working in the dark!!

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
this card brightens up what is a dull dreary day. It's beautiful. Your images are fantastic. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Annmaree said...

WOW That is gorgeous!!!

what a special and unique card!

Caz said...

Lovely card Teri.

Really like the graduation into the centre of the background - that is so effective!

Hugs
Caz
x

Elborgi said...

wow!!! What an elegant card! Love the image too!
Hugs Elma

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW is right!! What an amazing creation!! Love your take on the sketch!! HUGS

Lilacanglia said...

Absolutely adore that tiger,
its wonderful,
Hugs
Angie

Sally H said...

Wow! That is Gorgeous! I love it! Another must when you have loaded it into the shop, as one of my friends is crazy about tigers!

Clare said...

Wow Teri, such a beautiful card, infact all of your cards are gorgeous. You look like you love your animal creations, just like me!!! Best wishes, Clare x

KymKreates said...

this is just stunning!

Stacy said...

beautiful! very dramatic and creative!

Tanja said...

Great, elegant card!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Have a great day, Hugs Tanja

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Holy Cow ... this is STUNNING!!! You are just SOOOOOOO creative my friend! FANTASTIC!!

debby4000 said...

WOW this is stunning, so striking.
thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby