Monday, 25 January 2010

Hamish McHaggis

Hiya folks,

Just got time to slip in a fun card before I rush off to get the tea. I posted earlier some new images at Delicious Doodles, including this image of Hamish McHaggis.

As it is Robbie Burns' Birthday we here in Scotland are celebrating Burns' Night and eating loads of Haggis - an aquired taste I must add. Being an English 'sassanac' I thought myself and the family had better try fitting in by consuming the native delicacy. My youngest Hazel, is in fact a Scot, as she was born here!


So, I knocked up this quick card this afternoon to celebrate the occasion. It does happen to fit a few challenges too! The layout came from a sketch over at Polka Doodles. I turned it sideways to fit the image better.


The colour theme is from The Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge, and has an 'inspirational photo':


All the papers are versions of plaid or tartan that I had on the compy anyway. Can't remember where from originally, I think I may have scanned them in myself a while back. I converted the colour version into a black and white greyscale in photoshop, and then made it the colour I wanted when I dropped it into my page-makeup programme.

The image is coloured with watercolour pencils and layered with foam pads. Last thing I did was add a couple of tartan bows, a wee one to Hamish, and a bigger one at the top. Must admit, Hamish does look a bit like a turd!!!! Eeeeaauuuuuww!! Ah well, never mind. It was supposed to be a bit of fun after all. . .!!

17 comments:

xxNikkixx said...

your card is great..love the haggis :) hugs nikki xxx

Kim said...

Oh, sounds like so much fun! Do have a a great time! I love your sketch and your darling card! You can enter it over at Practical Scrappers, we have a patterned paper challenge this week,and a prize pack!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

{Jane} said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Sally H said...

You do make me laugh! I love Hamish, and think he looks a bit too chubby for one of those!!! Great card, hun!

Helen said...

Cute card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

KymKreates said...

First of all I love his name and second I think he is cute as a button not a turd!
Kym

Avril Ann said...

AWE Teri, he is so cute, I have a fab story, about a Haggis, which I will tell you sometime....did you have yours last night...yummy, off to check out your doodles....love Avril xxxx

brenda said...

Morning Teri

Love the colours of your card and the checked DP, all very pretty.

I went to a Burns celebrations last year and had veggie haggis, not orthentic I know, but it was delicious.

Thanks for joining us ar Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Nettie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

Mel X said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us this week on SCSC and good luck in the draw

Mel X

debby4000 said...

Lovely cute card.
luv
Debby

Kris L said...

Great card. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles ths week (hope you enjoyed your haggis!)...Kris

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles! Great job with the sketch - Hamish is adorable! Cheers Claire x

Kerry said...

Lovely card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

katesacraftybugger said...

Ha Ha who'd have thought haggis could be cute . thanks for playing along with polkadoodles

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! So that's what a haggis looks like!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

Really lovely card and such a sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
x