Monday, 18 January 2010

Dreaming of Spring. . .

Hiya folks!

Hope your weekend went well?? Glad you could join me in my little space on cyberland!

My card for today is the second of my creations for the GDT spot at Sophisticats, and again I got to choose the theme. This week I went for Spring. Can't wait for it to arrive now. . .


In anticipation of the longer days and gorgeous flowers that pop up, I designed a new image especially for this theme. These Daffodils are available now in my blog shop Delicious Doodles, along with some Crocus that I showcased the other day.

The layout for my card follows one from a week or so ago that I used for another card, I think it came from Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge. The papers are from Tinker & Co, which I inked round the edges of. I made the flowers in the top left corner using scraps and some flower punches, and cut some leaf shapes from green bazzill. The images is coloured with my watercolour pencils (blended with water and brush for those who asked) and layered with foam pads for dimension. I do like a bit of dimension, you may have noticed! LOL. The sentiment is computer generated.

So, let's see your Spring creations at Sophisticats this week, and you may be in line for a surprise if you win!! Good luck all. . .

I just want to add that I am very grateful to Sophisticats for offering me the opportunity to work alongside their DT these past two weeks - thanks guys - it's been such fun! Hope I didn't work you too hard with my choice of themes!!

8 comments:

Annette said...

This is just beautiful, can almost hear the bees buzzing and the birds singing, gorgeous daffodils, take careX:)

Larisa said...

Very spring card. The daffodils look like natural. There is nothing free on this card. It is good ))))

Mrs Bs Blog said...

This is sooo pretty. Love the image and the colours are really spring-like. Hugs Val xxx

Annmaree said...

Love the flowers and the dimension! Just awesome!!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I really, REALLY, like this card!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
What a gloriously springlike card this is. A breath of fresh air after the weather we've had.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Micki said...

Beautiful and just what I needed, lol. Snow is almost melted but we've got such bad fog, by 1pm it's as thick as pea soup.

This is such a 'happy' spring card, sigh as much as I don't like summer, I am yearning for spring!

hugs

Kim said...

I agree with Fiona, very nice fresh breath after all this cold snow! Your daffodil is gorgeous and the way you chose the two tone is perfect! Love you punches too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx