Wednesday, 20 January 2010

A Damask Valentine

Hi again folks.

Second post today, please scroll down for Sweet Sketch Wednesday posting.


Time then for another yummy sketch, at the MyGrafico Challenge:


This week we had some gorgeous Damask digi papers to work with from Pixels and Ice Cream.
I really love a good Damask, so classy and elegant. . . Here is what I did with the sketch and the papers:


I made a tint for the backing cardstock from one of the papers, then used the other in full colour for the main feature. The sentiment is printed on the cardstock too at the same time as printing the backing. I added some ink round the edges of the cardstock and the feature paper.

The border across the card was a purchase I made a while back, also from the MyGrafico shop from Mujka Designs.

The heart image is one of my own digi-images, made for Valentine's Day or Love themed creations. This is available at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. I printed it out a few times, coloured with the usual watercolour pencils, then layered with foam pads for extra depth. The ribbon is from my stash.

16 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Teri!
I love the two tones of color! Great idea...Well done this week!

Manunamoral said...

Perfect.

Kisses and hugs.

Manu
Palmas/TO Brazil

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another stunner Teri. You can't beat Damask can you. Love that heart as the focal point. Fab! You've bounced back in style haven't you. Lauren x

Martha said...

great card Teri, and congrats on having your own digis, how kool :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

How elegant. I love this. Marianne x

Sally H said...

Fabulous! Really classy and elegant.

stampinlynn said...

Awesome job with the paper tfs...Lynn:)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Ooohhh this is so pretty! Love it!! Love your new blog look too!

Kim said...

I think this is very classy and elegant! Love that striking heart!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

LINDA said...

Very stunning card!! Love the papers.. Very beautiful work..
Hugs, Linda

Avril Ann said...

Love Damask, my dad brought me up with a love of design, and colours and this is just fantastic, once I get my printer sorted (playing up something awful, it is probably me though), I will be over for some images...Hugs Avril xxx

Jennifer said...

This is gorgeous! I love the 2 tones for the paper. And that heart is adorable! Didn't know you had your own digi shop. Congrats!!

AnGelCaKe said...

Beautiful card A+

Angelica

Bogner's said...

I love all your patterns! Beautiful sentiment. I love the heart too. Looks perfect!
Rachel B

KymKreates said...

this is also a stunning creation. So simple yet makes a large statement!