Sunday, 3 January 2010

A Christmas Rose

Hi all.

Hope your weekend goes well. First of all - YEAY!! I reached my 100 followers - thank you all so much for that! Now it's Sunday, so time for the first theme of 2010 at Winter Wonderland.

Now, we have a few changes this week, nothing dramatic, so don't worry! First of all, we were feeling a bit 'christmassed' out, so decided that our cards need not be of a Christmas flavour if we didn't want it to be.

Mine sort of is, as the image is of a Christmas Rose - the Helebore, one of my newest creations which I will load onto my blog shop probably tomorrow.



We also decided to have an alternating colour theme followed by a sketch the week after. This week is a colour theme, and is 'Cinnamon, Berry and Lime'. My Cinnamon went a bit wrong I'm afraid and turned out more gold coloured than I had hoped, but I went with it. The image has some browner colours in it, so I hope that will do.



My papers are from Tinker & Co, cardstock from the stash, frame image from Raspberry Road Designs. I coloured with watercolour pencils, and layered with foam pads. The ribbon bow is from the stash.

Next bit of news, we are having a DT call at Winter Wonderland, so if you are interested in joining us then hop over and take a look at the deets!!

AND if that isn't enough, we'll be having a Blog Hop at the end of January, so keep your eyes peeled for that!!

13 comments:

Lynda said...

Love it Teri - that Christmas Rose is gorgeous.

Love Lynda xxx

Anneke klerks said...

hoi Teri

Beautyful card have you made

greetings
anneke

Pascale said...

Hi Teri I love your rose such a versitile image and gorgeous background to show it off on. Hugs Pascale x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is gorgeous Teri!! LOVE your Christmas Rose ... absolutely beautiful! I intend to play along in the challenge later today and I have already expressed my wishes for the DT. We see what happens. Looks like fun ... thanks for inspiration!

joey said...

Hiya Teri Hun

ooooh this is gorgeous I adore the image

Joey.x

Teri said...

Another stunning creation Teri! The colours look fab!

Teri xx

Avril Ann said...

Love this Christmas Rose, Teri, I can't wait until Brian gets paid in January so that I can have some more off your images....also this is the 1st time in a long time I have had Breakfast in Bed, I only went to have a read of the millions of books I got for xmas, but fell asleep, I hate doing that, as it feels like such a waste of a day.....but I am up now and Brian has the dinner on, chicken and mushroom pie (home made by him, yum,) so if you are ever down this way, you will get royally fed....LOL.....Much love Avril xxxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is one very classy card. I love the flower the way it's mounted. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Michelle said...

Hi Teri

Love this image - one to add to my collection I think. You've made a beautiful card with it
x Michelle

Queen La Rubba ~ Rachael Doxsee said...

Your Christams Rose is to die for! Just beautiful! I just love hop'n on to your blog and seeing the wonderful cards that you create! FABULOUS!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

Sandra said...

Very, very pretty!!

Sally H said...

Just beautiful! Another of your beautiful creations I will have to buy x

Kim said...

Stunning card. There is the signature 3D technique I was talking about. No one does it quite like you! this card is so elegant. Love the softness in the rose!
Blessings,
Kim xXx