Thursday, 28 January 2010

A Chinese New Year Card

Hi again folks.

Second post today - scroll down to pick up your award!!


OK then, my card for today has been made with Chinese New Year in mind. According to the Diary I bought, it is on 14th February this year, and happens to be the year of the Tiger. Not that I have any Chinese friends that I can send it to, I am just getting into the Oriental thing at the moment that's all. Never done Oriental much before, but I might just get into it a bit more!!

For the layout of this card I followed the sketch from ICS this week:


OK, so I added an extra in the shape of my fan image, which I have yet to load up to my digi shop, Delicious Doodles. You can still see the sketch though, so I hope it will be allowed. . .!


Next up, is a new challenge for me, Totally Gorjuss. They want to see 'dimension' in the projects this week, along with something 'gorgeous' on the card. I just love the gold card I used as layering, it is a cracked ice pattern and it is foiled too. I added some gold embossing powder to the edges of the lovely red patterned paper and set it with a heat gun.

That just adds a bit of sparkle to the card, which brings me to the next challenge at Pixie Dust Studio, where they want 'glitter and sparkle'. Hope there is enough of it for you ladies!

My main image is a Chinese Dragon, one of my own digi-images available for purchase from Delicious Doodles. This I layered onto the gold card, and then onto some black card that I had added gold metallic rub-on to. I layered this with foam pads for dimension, and then fixed that to the base card also using foam pads. All of my colouring was done using watercolour pencils.

14 comments:

craftymum said...

A very dramatic card. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at TG. See you next time
Love Sarah W XXX
p.s. Do check out the DT blogs and feel free to join our followers to see what we get up to next

jude said...

Teri this is totaly gorjuss ,im sure your friend will love it.I must admit im not into oriental cards ,maybe it's something i should try one day who knows.But youve done a beautiful job love the layout,image and fan is stunning!
love it!hugs jude:)

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I may have to invest in some of their digi stamps now.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, eye-popping gorgeous!

PaperCrafty said...

Gorgeous card, Teri!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
The colours on this card are awesome and you have managed to achieve that oriental look with that fabulous image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, hun! I love the dragon and the fan x

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Teri. Very stylish and dramatic. Thanks for joining us at TG and hope to see you again.

Kat x

Lesley said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

marley said...

lovely card, great take on the sketch!

KymKreates said...

oh I adore this one, my hubby is half asian so love all these

PatR said...

Sucha gorgeous creation Teri, you are so talented. Love the dimension.
Pat xx

Michelle said...

A wonderful card Teri, I collect dragons so I think Ill have to add this to my collection
x Michelle

Debs said...

I love oriental cards and this one is brill, thanks for playing at ics this week