Sunday, 17 January 2010

A Chilli Note. . .

Hiya folks!

Hope the weekend goes well for you so far? Glad you can join me here in my little corner.

My creation for today is a Notecard set which I have made as part of the DT at Winter Wonderland. Our theme this week is the colour combo 'Burgundy and Teal'. You can interpret these colours however yo like, as Teal is one of those funny colours you can never quite get a match with. Mine looks rather blue here, but it is more of a turquoise really.


The image and backing paper are from a digital set by Tinker & Co named 'Merry Fishmas'.

Being digital I don't have to do any colouring, as the image came in colour anyway. I just printed several sheets of the backing paper and cut to size for the cards. I also used some burgundy card from my stash, which has been there for about two years - eeekkk!!! Must use up more of it really, my dining room resembles a bomb-site!!

I also made matching envelopes using my page-makeup programme, and did the same with the box.


I had to use a template, which I found on the internet. Just a case of printing that to the right size and centering it over the finished and printed items I wanted to cut out. Bit fiddly, but there you go. It'll have to do until I figure out an easier way of doing it!


So now we want to see your lovely creations using Burgundy and Teal. Head over to Winter Wonderland and see what the rest of my DT sisters have created there!!


Oh, and mark your calendars for the 31st January, as we are having our first Blog Hop!! Yeay - should be fun, with loads of giveaways to boot!!

12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is lovely Teri. That little Pengy is adorable. Lauren x

Pascale said...

Hi Teri a gorgeous note set and wonderful use of the colours I adore the cute penguin. Fab job hun x Hugs pascale

Sally H said...

Lovely! The penguin is so cute and I love those colours!

Teri said...

A beautiful and very cute creation Teri! He's such a sweetie!

Teri xx

Annmaree said...

That image is a hoot!!! Love the ideas!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This set is gorgeous. I love the cards but the envelopes are fabulous. You are very clever so you'll have to show me how you did these.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sandi Clarkson said...

Cute card. What a great penguin.

Meikoningin said...

Lovely and clean ! It looks really sweet. Fits the weather extremely well ;) Bravo !

joey said...

Hiya Teri hun

gorgeous card, I adore the little penquin love how you have matched a set up too

Joey.x

Lynda said...

Wow Teri this looks very very professional. Love the penguin image. A fantastic project.

Love Lynda xxx

Kim said...

Girlfriend, you sure found a way to inspire with that color combo! OMG, our penguin is precious. I'm all over this darling set!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

jude said...

Wow such acute set love it!hope your well?
chat soon hugs judex