Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Black and White!

Hiya folks!

Boy, I didn't think I was going to make it on here today! I had to go to Elgin (ten miles from my house) this morning for my youngest to have her tooth removed, so we all piled in the card with hubby so he could go to work. That was fun itself, as the snow was coming down. I phone the Dentists from his works, and yes they were still open, so I drove to the car park and we walked from there (I did ask about parking on the road there, but she said it was awful).

Poor little urchin - she was sooo brave - didn't cry at all! I know I did on my first tooth removal - hated dentists ever since! So then we walked back to the car, and drove back to hubby's work to pick up the other two kids who stayed with him whilst I was at the dentist. The drive home was abismal!! No ploughs to be seen - no gritting done! it was 30mph all the way! THEN as I turned into my sidestreet (which you may remember hadn't been gritted for days, and still hasn't!) I lost the back end and we slid a bit, so I had to try backing up on the crossroads and couldn't get going as it is on a slope. So there we were stuck, and less than 200 metres from the front door!

Thankfully some lovely neighbours came out to give us a hand. I had a snovel in the back so started trying to dig my way up the slope to get some traction under the wheels, as there was no grit in the bucket on the roadside. So between us we eventually sidewinded our way up the slope and in front of the house, where I promptly got stuck again trying to steer out of the rutt and onto the four inch high ice sheet covered in snow - NOT!!

Luckily again, a neighbour came across to help me dig the car in this time, and a 4x4 Landrover came up and gave me a tow which helped slide the car somewhere in front of the house. The back end is stuck out - but I ain't gonna shift it now! AND it is still snowing - I do hope hubby can get home tonight. . . !

Right, enough of me and let's get to the card, which is my DT offering for Tuesday Taggers!


After a break last week, we are back with a Black and White theme for you.

My card has been printed with a Zebra print for the background, with the sentiment already printed on it too. The image is my own, Zebra and Foal, available at my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. Finished off with some lovely silver organza wrapped and tied at the side.

Quite simple to do, but with a fairly dramatic look to it.

OK, so now I need to go down the road to the Bank - don't worry, I am walking! LOL. Then to pick up a few bits at the local shop, nip in the Post Office, and back home to take down the Xmas Decs and tree! Busy, Busy, Busy!!

9 comments:

Lisa T said...

Teri, that card is so beautiful! I'm going to go check out your shop to see what new goodies are in there. :)

Kim said...

Very dramatic effect. Love it! Your image is just amazing, as always. You just whip these out with ease! I hope the dd is doing fine after the dentist. Yes, dear, please walk. There is no sign of snow stopping here either. We have at least 6 inches and still snowing....through Saturday.
Blessings,
Kim xXx
Stay warm!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, love the paper and ribbon!

Clarky J said...

As always Teri a stunning card - love that image x Janet

joey said...

Teri this is gorgeous! I adore the image.xxx

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Teri!!

PatR said...

Great card again Teri. Sounds like you've had a tough day. Hope your hubby got back home OK.
Stay safe and warm.
Love Pat x

Sally H said...

Oh Teri! I hope you have recovered from this mornings ordeal! Your card is really beautiful. I love the Zebras. I am going to de-stress from my day at my craft table x

Michelle said...

A fantastic card Teri, I do so love your images and this is no exception.
The creaxion punched I got from the craft fair in Harrogate and are fantastic cos not only can you punch straight lines but can do circles, ovals and corners with the same punch. Will try to find a link for you.
x Michelle