Thursday, 14 January 2010

Birthday Boy + Girl

Hiya folks!

You'll never believe it - but there is a bloomin' great JCB outside of my front window scraping the snow away to the other side of the road - and it is shaking my foundations!! This house is over 200 years old, so I hope it doesn't do any damage to it . . . About time though, even if it is already melting. Could have done with it last week or even the week before really, but at least someone is trying!

Right, on to my card, or cards for today. I have made these for the Crafter's Companion Challenge, which is back up and running after announcing it's closure over Christmas. Back by popular demand I think you could say! They are having a DT Call too, so this is my entry for that, can but try eh??


Unfortunately I don't have very much in the way of their goodies to make cards with - must rectify that this year if I get any spare pennies!! I do however have a couple of things that I got as freebies in a magazine a while back. They were on a cd - 'Complete Cardmaking on your PC' was the mag in question. I have been itching to use them, but have only just got round to it for these two cards!


So, all elements are from the cd, and have been printed out, cut up and decoupaged with foam pads. All I have added are some twirly bits, silver mirri card a flower and a pink bow. The bow is from the stash, and the flower is recycled with added silver layer.


Part of the requirements for the DT Call is to produce a Sketch and make the cards using that sketch. Then the winner gets their sketch used in another challenge!! How cool is that?? I have never produced my own sketch before, so this is a first for me, and here it is:


What do you think? Any good? I used Photoshop to draw it rather than pencil and paper. Haven't added any 'frew-frew' to it like some folk do though, can't figure that out yet. . .

Hope this lot will do. Fingers crossed eh? I will leave you with some more shots, and some of the insides of these cards, as I decorated those too. Might have overdone the amount of photos a bit - whatever!






20 comments:

Ukka said...

Hi Teri!
They are really amazing!Your cards are very Beautiful - Wow! Your cards is spectacular and the ornament.....WOW!!!The colors and design are really pretty!
Hugs
Ukka

Lynda said...

OMG Teri you have really done yourself proud with these projects - hope you're successful with the DT call - they'd be mad not to have you on board. Two Absolutely Fabulous cards and a brilliant sketch. Well done you and I hope your foundations are still intact!

Love Lynda xxx

Manunamoral said...

Very, very pretty.

Adored.

Sumemo.

Bjotas sonoras.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
These cards are absolutely cracking. I love the layout and the way you have built them up. Bright colours and great papers. First class. If they don't choose you as a DT I'll eat my stash. Hope your successful I want to keep my stash.
Hugs,
Fiona x

mulberry station said...

Wow, Teri these are amazing. Every detail is wonderful. I love your sketch and the detail on your cards are goregous. I sure hope you get the DT position. I think they would be crazy not to have you on board. And, hum...I have been looking for a rocket for a project I am working on for my daughter-in-law. I love your work, Teri!!!

Mali Pering said...

wowwww! I love! Hugs

Kim said...

Well, girlfriend, all I can say is get your side bar ready for another DT spot! You are a sure win with this incredible sketch and your cards are like something you'd pick up at Disney! Fantastic and so very creative! Best of luck, my dear!

Glad to hear your snow is melting and being scraped away. We've had sun now for two days, but still a winter wonderland here!

Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sally H said...

Fabulous cards, Teri! I lvoe the sketch and the diagonal outer section. Glad to hear your snow is being cleared. I have come home to find our road has been gritted - that's twice in a fortnight - and not before that in ten years!!! I'm in shock!

Terry Oulboub said...

Wow, Teri - incredible! I was loving the princess castle and then you opened it up and I'm like - OMG! This is amazing! These are so great - I love your sketch - good luck on the DT call but I'm sure you'll make it as these are sensational! ;p

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW!!!!! These are amazing I just LOVE that castle! Very creative. STUNNING work and details.

Yvonne said...

Oh my word, you have gone an a crafter companion rampage! ;). Hun you have done some beautiful work. good luck, you have done a wonderful job!

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! Teri, These are fabulous!!

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Teri thank you for visiting my little area of blog land and leaving your lovely comments. Loving these cards, just wanted to keep rolling up and down the page to see them again and again. Very effective and love the bright colours
hugs kate x

Rachel said...

Wow I love both your cards and sketch. Well done. And good luck.
Thanks very much for joining in with our challenge.
Rachel
IACCCB

Micki said...

Wow, I'm betting that you'll be asked to join their DT. These 2 cards are awesome!!!! All that detail.... :-)


hugs

Michelle said...

These are absolutely amazing Teri, such skill in using the CD to to produce such fab cards. Good look for the DT call, it's right up your street.
x Michelle

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOWZA Teri .. these are FABULOUS!!! LOVE your sketch and the creations you have made! I'm thrilled you added more photos, I was curious how they looked in the "open" position! Just wonderful my friend!!! GOOD LUCK! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! They would be LUCKY to have you on their team!!! WELL DONE MY DEAR!!!

Wendy said...

Oh these are stunning, great sketch and cards for both the boys and the girls. well done
And good luck

~ Ali ~ said...

They are fabulous creations well done. you don't need alot of embellies when you make cards like this. Thanks for joining in IaCC.

Paula Gale said...

I love the layout you have used and the cards - i've also got this CD set and will take inspiration from your LO.

Thanks for sharing

Paula.
xxx