All recovered from the gluttony at the weekend have we? -this is for my American friends!
A few of my ex-DT mates and I decided to challenge ourselves to make something with one of my images from my blog shop, Delicious Doodles. They decided we should use the Poinsettia image, as it is about that time of year when they hit our shops big time!!
Now, I have a few challenges that I have also covered with this creation, which is a Stationery Set, so here goes:
First I followed a sketch for the front of it. This is from Sunday Sketch and Stamp. It is my first time entering here on this challenge blog, so I hope it will do for them. . .
Next up, the colours were chosen for the Stampin' for the Weekend challenge, again my first time here too! The colours were Lilac and Silver, and they also wanted it to be a Gift Card with Tag. I decided for my Set to make the Tag bit into a Bookmark. Hope that's OK with them . . .?
At the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge, they wanted us to make something to give as a gift, well I think this qualifies for that one, no bother.
At The Pixie Cottage they want to see some stitching. Sorry but I don't sew, but I do cheat and I have put some fake stitches round the edges with a silver gel pen. Not that noticeable really, but there you go. It was a bit on the dark side for my photos, so please excuse their naff-ness!!
Finally (phew!) the theme of Christmas was required at Papertake Weekly AND at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturday.
All the papers were from Tinker & Co, which I altered to make the right colour. I followed some templates for the envelopes, and the notelets were easy enough. Just the pic printed in one corner of an A4 sheet and folded into quarters.
The actual holder was made with three sheets of A4 card. Two were folded in half and then stuck together at the back to make a tri-fold. Then I cut the tabbed pockets from the other sheet and stuck to the main card. This was all then covered with the papers, and inked round the edges with silver ink, then I put the fake stitching round with my silver gel pan. Finally I cut out some more Poinsettia images and placed them in the corners.
Well that's it for now then. MUST go and do some dreaded housework. This took me most of the day!!