Thursday, 10 December 2009

Winter Wonderland. . .

Hiya folks!

Today is a gorgeous, sunny, fresh and crisp day! Makes a change. . . I hope I find you all well and happy?

This card today is for a couple of challenges. First I followed the sketch at Midnight Madness. They also have a theme running with their challenge this month, and this weeks is 'Winter Wonderland'. AND they have a Blog Hop too, with loads of goodies up for grabs!



Over at the Pink Elephant they want our favourite Christmas colours, I just love blues and lilacs for the Winter season. Mind you, I love Red and Green with Gold too, Oh, and Black and Purple with Silver. . .



Not sure if I can get this in at Simon Says Stamp. Their theme is 'Let It Snow' for this week. My image is actually a print of an Acryllic Painting I did God knows how many years ago, and have only just got round to scanning it into my compy!! So, I suppose you could say it is a digital stamp that has been coloured already. . . ? Do you think it's allowed? Hmn, won't know if I don't try eh!


I used papers from an Artylicious cd, and also Tinker & Co, and made it into a kind of gate-fold card. However I did keep the right hand side complete rather than cut out the circle shape at the side there. This allowed me to put two blank panels inside the card, which I layered onto some silver 'cracked ice' patterned card.



The image was printed onto gloss inkjet card, and layered on the same silver, then lilac base before sticking to the left circle shape. I finished off with some padded silver snowflakes.

Right, off to wrap some pressies now. Haven't been able to for a couple of days, as my eldest daughter has been off school poorly. Thankfully she has gone in today as it is their Christmas Dinner today. . . wish I could go join them - I loooove Christmas Dinner!!

15 comments:

Phyllis said...

Lovely, lovely winter scene. Love the frosty colors. Love those padded silver snowflakes. The MMDesign Team thans you for playing in our challenge this week.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty Teri!! I love the fold!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Pink Elephant!!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
This is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen this Christmas. It's gorgeous. You have made such a good job of it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim said...

This is so very stunning! I love that image and the gatefold is gorgeous! Your colors and snowflakes are just perfect! You rocked all of the challenges you entered! Way to go my friend!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Oh My this is so beautiful!! I love all the little snowy frosty elements to your card.

Lovely Linda said...

What a gorgeous winter scene you have created. I love the gate fold card - it works so well - gorgeous! The snowflakes are the perfect touch...this is goegous! We hope to see you on the Blog Hop this week - all the best!!We look forward to seeing you next week - I always love to see what you do!!
Linda MMSC

Lisa Foster said...

This is so beautiful Teri! WOW!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Ann said...

Gorgeous love the paper and the style is so effective.
Thanks for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Beautiful wintry scene on this gorgeous card. Your snowflake embellishments are stunning. I love the style of this card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. Good luck with the blog hop prizes.

Carol
Midnight Madness-DT

Mephisto said...

Lovely Work.

Thanks for joining in by the SSC this week.

Hugs
Domi

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning gatefold card Teri!! I love your background with the monochromatic blue! The details are gorgeous. Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Teri, this is such a beautiful winter scene...colors, image and design of your card are really perfect! Love all the snowflakes too! WOW you are super talented...you painted this gorgeous picture....can you share some of that talent with me??? I'll send you a Christmas dinner!!!
TFS
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Ohhhhh soooooooo pretty. Very clever and really well done. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge with us this week.
Priscilla
MMSC hostess

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Teri, what a peaceful snow landscape card! You are skilled at making a gatefold card, turned out fabulous with the silver snowflakes! Thanks for playing this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Micki said...

WOW, a print off an acrylic painting? Looks awesome.