Saturday, 19 December 2009

Winter Wolf

Hiya folks.

At last!! We have snow falling!! Hoorah!! It's a bit late to what was forecast, but it's here at last! NOW it feels like Christmas is coming.

Had to laugh this morning, when I heard the story about the channel tunnel trains breaking down in the tunnel because of the 'extreme' cold. . . Not so funny for the poor folk stuck on them though. I hope they are OK.

On to my card for the day. I received a Christmas card from Canada via my hubby's Uncle a couple of weeks ago, with the most gorgeous image of a Wolf howling, and I just had to scan that one into the compy for keeps. I thought to myself - I'll use that for something one day. And I did!



My local Post Mistress has German Shepherds and her hubby collects pics and ornaments of these dogs, along with Wolves too. She couldn't find a card she liked, so at the last minute when I was posting something she asked me to make her a Christmas card from her to her hubby, with a pic of German Shepherds or Wolves on and this image sprang to mind. So I got to work printing it out from the scan I made, and I raised part of it for a bit of depth.

The papers are from a kit by Tinker & Co named 'Merry Fishmas'. (It has a lovely Penguin in the kit) I made the snowflake with the same papers, and put a padded silver snowflake on the top, with some silver stickles dots here and there to finish it off.

I think I can get this into a few challenges while I'm here:
Polka Doodles want 'Anything' for their last challenge of this year, and is open until 30th December.
C.R.A.F.T. also want 'Anything' this week, and is open until 23rd December.
DU2DS want a 'last minute Christmas project' for their last challenge, and they return on 15th January

21 comments:

Crafty Dawn said...

Oh I do like this ver atmospheric I alway loved wolves too beautiful & thanx for visiting

Love Dawn xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Teri,
Fabulous card. Looks really arctic. I'll bet he likes it.
Snowing again here and the sky looks laden. I'm amused by your comments about reaction to snow down south. Hubby worked in Staines in Middlesex for a short period and there was afrost one morning and all the locals turned up in their winter woollies complaining about the cold and "snow". They were gobsmacked when he turned up in just his suit and told them it was like a July day in Kinross. Lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Dragonlady said...

Wow that wolf is fantastic, love the layers.

Hugs Ali x

Larissa said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.
I hope you will have a lovely christmas!

Greetings,
Larissa

brenda said...

Hi Teri

How nice to have a crad with your favourite animals on the front.

Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Teri and I love the image and the wonderful frosty feeling of your card. Have a great Christmas and thanks for joining us on DU2DS this time. Chris :)

Kerry said...

Fab card and great image too! Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

sugar n spice said...

This is so lovely,great image, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Good Luck in the draw.

Merry Christmas.

Suzi x

Tracy said...

fabulous card, love the design and the image is just gorgeous
Tracy x

Trimgym said...

Just such a lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck! Have a good Christmas.

Jo.

Magda said...

Beautiful card! And the image is amazing. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge & good luck.
Merry Christmas!
Magda :)

Anesha said...

Wonderful card, love the wolf! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

LuLu said...

Teri,

What a fab, original card and I'm sure the lady in question will be blowled over, as will her hubby. Many thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodlers again this week.

Have a magical Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Lou
x

Hope Jacare said...

Great project fab card Teri! thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. in our free for all Challenge. Have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers Claire x

Nikky Hall said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and best wishes for 2010 and the festive season! xx

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous card Teri, you're soooo talented. A great entry for DU2DS this week, thanks for playing out at our blog.
Hope 2010 brings you all you would wish for yourself
x Michelle

Sue Ramsay said...

Super card, thanks for entering the Polka Doodles challenge, come back and join us again soon.
x

Fliss said...

This is really lovely Teri and such an unusual theme. Love the way you've put it all together.
Thanks for playing again at Polka Doodles this week.
Fliss x

Hope Jacare said...

Great card - thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Sandra said...

Wow what a striking Christmas card.
Thanks for joining us with our last challenge of 2009. New 'Dare' this Friday.
Sandra x