Friday, 4 December 2009

White on White. . .

Hiya folks.

I don't believe it! The sun is out today!! Woooohoooo! I do hope you are all well on this most fair of days!!

Right, that's out of the way. I have a card here for three challenges, and one for myself too. I've been wanting to do a white on white card for ages, so I decided to take the bull by the horns and do one at last.

I followed the sketch at ICS this week, and the scalloped edge meant I could get my new Martha Stewart Lacey Doily punch out. Which leads me on to the next challenge at Crafty Creations. They want to see 'Lace and Distressing' this week. So I made a lace border with that punch and distressed all my edges with an 'old gold' metallic ink.




I used some white card, just regular stuff for the backing, and embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swirly pattern. This goes with them theme at Penny's Challenges, which doesn't want any Designer Papers (DP's) I rubbed some of that ink over it for some highlights - or is it lowlights?, and also put some behind the Christmas Tree. The whole thing is mounted then onto some pearlescent white card, which I also inked up.

This Christmas Tree is one of my own images, available at Delicious Doodles, my blog shop. I printed it out and cut round the tree shape before mounting it on foam pads for a bit of depth.

The flowers I made with my flower punches, inked the petals and shaped it by putting it in my hand and pressing the round end of a pen in the centre, then flattening the bottom petals to stick down with. These are finished with a wee gem, and I popped one on the top of the tree too.

I think I might just add this to my other entry for the DT Call at Stampin' For The Weekend, why not, eh?

Right, must finish up some stuff ready for my craft fair tomorrow. . . Bye for now!

20 comments:

Penny D. said...

Oh wow! this is beautiful!!!!

PaperCrafty said...

This is so elegant!! Love the white on white!!

Dolly said...

Beautiful card! :)x

Lil Daffodil said...

Oooh Teri,
This card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the all white theme with the embossing and different textures giving the effect. It is beautiful and the tree is special.
Hugs,
Fiona x

joey said...

Hiya Teri hun

Gorgeous card, I love white on white! and yours is so elegant, best wishes with the dt call

Joey.xxx

Stacy said...

OH MY, this is so elegant! I love the white on white, your highlights (aka lowlights, I don't know which LOL) really made the card!

Anne said...

Stunning Teri!!! It's taken me ages to get round to seeing your blog this week and I've missed so much! This is stunning, but then everything you do is! xxx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Teri,

This is fantastic - definately into this white theme.

Hugs Ali x

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

I love this! so elegant, love your take on my theme this week!

thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations!

hugs mandyxx

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Teri it's very elegant.

Love Lynda xxx

Debs said...

Theres something about white on white cards so classy, thanks for joining us at ics this week.
Debs

mulberry station said...

Wow Teri, this is absolutely goregous! Love everything about it.

marley said...

gorgeous card!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Shame on me for being so late in commenting ... this is GORGEOUS Teri!! And YOUR digi is Perfect!! Great job ... Hmmm, might have to case this one!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Kim said...

Oh my dear friend, you knocked this one home! The white on white is so stunning! Your embossing is perfect, love the touches of gold throughout. Your tree is just stunning. Like I said, you knocked this one home!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Hope Jacare said...

What a beautiful card Teri! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with our lace and Distressing challenge! Cheers Claire x

Peggy said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations !!!

Peggy

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Look at you and your bad self! LOL What a beautiful card! I'm so going to have to do this white on white once I get some more. Made so many cards ran out of cardstock last night ACK!!!

Heather said...

So beautiful! I love all of your embossing and those flowers are so lovely. Thanks for joining us at ICS!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with your beautiful work!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)